Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

just me that thought everton played their game plan just about perfectly then.

sometimes the other team deserves credit too.

and can someone make GIFs of the penalty appeals? i assumed they all were penalties live because they would have been against us, but am not quite sure.

drenthe should have been off no question, a hundred times worse than balotelli's "stamp"

also cheers to nasri, thought he was excellent and barry had a very poor game which really hurt us

Re: That was a fukn disgrace tonight.

nmc said:
Dust ourselves down - Saturday is a must win. Who knows the Rags might lose at the weekend.

Yes, we were taking about 90 points winning the league this year, that will mean another possible 3 defeats, 2 defeats & 3 draws. We need to keep going. The rags have the experience, hang tough lads, we can win this.

After we beat Spurs I thought we were back on track, but the last two performances have been poor to say the least.
People say it was only the Carling Cup, it might have been, but it was a bloody semi-final.
And last night was as bad as we've played this season.
We have got to show that we believe we can win the league, cos at the moment we look terrified!

The morning after the night before and I still feel down. What concerns me most is our recent away record....WBA, Sunderland, Wigan, Everton. One goal against that lot of mediocrity is not great After we stuck 6 past Utd they won 1-0 at Everton in the next gam, against a full strength Everton too, more or less.
Last night was the first time since we went 5 points clear at the top after humping Utd that I thought we won't win the league. Obviously hope I'm wrong but there's a staleness and predictability creeping into our play of late and we could do with some freshening up.

That was a fukn disgrace tonight.

To much pretty football, all these little flicks for the over lapping fullbacks etc, we were sussed out since last November and we are still trying to walk it in, for fks sake shoot, to much arsenal type football, we can play it about as much as we like in front of oppositions back nine,but if it is slow then it can be read by a even 10 year old. We lost that game last night in the first twenty five minutes, we all
Knew what we were going to get from Walton so city should be more swift in their approach, it is to slow.

Funny but I saw it a little different.

There were two poor performances for me last night. Dzeko just didn't look at the races a took the wrong descision every time he got the ball. Barry had an poor game, which is unlike him.

But we should have had two penalties possibly and Nasri nearly scored a blinder.

It is always a dodgy fixture for us but we are still top and have a decent few fixtures now.

C'mon City.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
agreed OP.

you need results at places like these.

6-1 has ruined our season imo, we've been underperforming in some aspect of our game ever since.

I don't know if we've been underperforming, or wether the rest of the football world finally took us seriously.

Now in every game, no matter who the opponent, we are faced with 11 men behind the ball and very deep. They then hit us as quickly as possible on the counter. It's clear that we are struggling to overcome this tactic.

No panic stations here. We might as well play a 37 game season as we never get anything there. If we continue to play like that over the next 4 games then fair enough but realisticly we will get 12/12.

Fulham, Villa, Blackburn and Bolton.........surely??

It was a good game to get out of the way last night, Everton's annual cup final (they can have a parade through Liverpool on an open top coach now), but we are still top of the league after 23 games, getting back to a full strength squad and have got some 'easier' fixtures than the rags coming up.
All is not lost.

Mr White said:
15 goals so far isn't too bad, is it?
No its good, but if you look at the fact that about 12 came in the first 2 months of the season, you have to admit he has been in poor form for months

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.