Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

Just watched the sixty second run through on Sky and the narration went like this, "city should of had a foul on Dzeko in the build up, Gibson struck the ball but it took a defection which rooted Joe Hart. Nasri was very unlucky with his shot against the bar, Drenthe should of seen red for his challenge, and Neville got away with a handball, all in all City were unlucky".
that was their run through of the game not mine and frankly as disappointed as I was it's about as simple as that.
We need some luck with refs, pens, suspensions, deflections etc and we will stay top of this league.
Despite playing shite and the run of bad luck, we are still top, surely we must take heart from that.

GAZZA said:
It was a good game to get out of the way last night, Everton's annual cup final (they can have a parade through Liverpool on an open top coach now), but we are still top of the league after 23 games, getting back to a full strength squad and have got some 'easier' fixtures than the rags coming up.
All is not lost.

I agree that all is not lost. This week-end's results at Eastlands and Stamford Bridge could well put us 3 points clear again.

I don't however agree that last night was a good game to get out of the way, simply because we lost against an average PL team. It was a poor game to lose as Everton were well under-strength. It was a match we should have won, regardless of the Ref or the 'Everton Indian Sign'.

If we have any serious hope of winning this League we need to be doing a lot more than we have been doing in recent away games. 2 defeats and an unimpressive win in the last 3, all against mediocre teams, doesn't look good in anyone's language.

Last night was the first time that I feared City may be buckling under the pressure. I just hope Bobby Manc & Co can sort this out and quickly.

First of all - anyone blaming the ref needs to stop looking for excuses. Walton had a good game last night. Nevilles was never a penalty. Only decision I queried was drenthes non red card but anyway...

That performance was absolutely disgraceful last night-no this is not knee jerk reaction,this is how we have been playing for a while and last night we got found out.

Too slow passing.We appear to have gone back to the lets pass it along the back 4 for 10 mins. Absolutely fucking awful. Lescott is not a player who inspires confidence. Clichy Vinny and Micah did ok.
Barry was back to his usual fucking average self last - giving the ball away,making hospital passes. Nasri flattered to deceive as did Silva-yes Silva.

Milner did ok and I was gobsmacked when he got took off instead of Barry.

Ok here comes yet another slating of Edin. He is a pub team player at best .
His first touch is that bad his second usually leads to a sliding tackle. Hope we sell in the summer as he is just not what we need. He does not lead the line and simply cannot play with Sergio. Kun did ok but I feel he doesnt look happy when playing along side Dzeko.

Hate Everton but fair play to them.they did a job on us. For Mancini to give an interview like he did makes me think he is under immense pressure and unless the league is won he will be gone (Samuel has written a good piece in the Daily Fail today).

Mancinis body language on the touch line seems to put pressure on the teamand it needs to stop.
Yes we miss Yaya - of that there is no doubt but we have spent a lot of money on some average players and it appears we are starting to really feel the pressure. The positive I take is that we are still top,albeit on goals only but Saturday is a must win.

Really want Bobby to succeed and win us the league , yes the players must take responsibility too, but we need to start playing one up top again away from home. What is frustrating is Sunderland,Everton have taken 6 points off us which could be huge at the end of the season.

Outs in summer - Kolarov,Lescott,Dzeko,Barry,Hargreaves,Adebayor,Savic,Bridge,Tevez
Ins - Cavani,Van Persie,Baines,Vertonghen.

I will await the abuse but at the end of the day,anyone who thinks that was acceptable needs to take the blue tints off.

STOP BLAMING THE OFFICIALS. The self pity is getting fucking annoying.

PS-I'd have Tevez back in the team next week if I could.

Re: That was a fukn disgrace tonight.

MSP said:
citymad said:
One shot on target against a defense containing heitinga, hibbitt, Neville and Baines (alright he's not bad) is appalling for a team going for the title. We were clueless at how to break them down. Easily the most frustrating performance of the season. The rags and spurs would've at least troubled Howard half a dozen times. Mancini's subs were desperate. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw kolorav coming on.

I thought Kolaraov was very good when he came in tonight. Should have got a penalty too and was active all the time.

11 goals in our last 9 matches is very concerning thing though. It's unbelievable how things change so fast - from goals machine we turned to very uneffective team recently.
Kolarov is a disgrace he gives nothing to the team atall apart from the odd free kick. He's slow, he can't tackle, he falls over at the slightest touch which invarioubly puts us in trouble and when he gets in a good position to cross he normally hits the first defender or skys it. Unlike the other chap I just feel numb when i see him coming on.

This board can be far too reactionary at times - lets not lose sight of the fact Goodison is a very difficult place to go for us, especially when we're not in the best of form.

Yes it was poor performance overall, but were people expecting anything different against a tight Everton defence who sit men behind the ball in numbers and scrap for their lifes?

We are not set up to breakdown these sort of teams. We could still be playing now and I don't think we would have scored, passing across their banks of defenders and midfielders with very little in the way of penetration.

It was always going to be a frustrating evening. I would have been happy if we had sat back and tried to hit them on the break, Napoli style. It was when we looked our most dangerous on the break.

Jumanji said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Mancinis body language on the touch line seems to put pressure on the teamand it needs to stop.
What the fuck?!

What do you mean-What the fuck.!!!

Look at what he does,waving his arms at the players,bollocking Kun and Edin during the stoppage. Sorry but I am questioning his man management skills. I really love Bobby but you can see he is under huge pressure

Mid-field us fucking bobbins.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:58 am --<br /><br />Fanny Fart. you do know everton had 4 reserves playing.!

What about Lescott getting poleaxed by the keeper?

We lacked the cutting edge last night. They were up for it and we couldn't find a way through. Djeko was poor for me and Kun never saw the ball

Thats the 3rd game this season we have lost. No need for panic.

Get back to winning ways this weekend and stamp on fulham. Chelsea give the scum a roasting and we are clear again. They then face the rejuvenated Scousers after that so we could be 5-6 clear again.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.