Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

Of course Walton was crap. He didn't even add on the right amount of time for the idiot who bolted himself to the goal post (I made it 8 or 9 minutes, he added 5). It's the subtle things as well as the blatant - no foul on Joe Hart (more obvious than whatever Lescott was supposed to have done for his "foul" on Howard) - that gave Everton the cue they needed for the rest of the game. No bookings for Drenthe despite a dive and two late tackles, then two assaults in two minutes - he could have had a yellow for each - while Lescott and Kompany get yellows for first foul, neither of which was nasty or in a dangerous position. True, we were crap, but don't underestimate the demoralising effect on a team of knowing decisions will not go for you.

bluemonkey71 said:
What about Lescott getting poleaxed by the keeper?

We lacked the cutting edge last night. They were up for it and we couldn't find a way through. Djeko was poor for me and Kun never saw the ball

Thats the 3rd game this season we have lost. No need for panic.

Get back to winning ways this weekend and stamp on fulham. Chelsea give the scum a roasting and we are clear again. They then face the rejuvenated Scousers after that so we could be 5-6 clear again.

CTID

Can you honestly see Chelsea beating the rags...not for me. We need to stop relying on other results and concentrate on our own.

Re: That was a fukn disgrace tonight.

Complete over-reaction on here yet again. If the rags drop points this weekend, which I am cetain they will, and we win, which I'm also certain we will, then all this is behind us, Yaya is back and Feb is a whole new month!

We are going to hit road blocks a long the way between now and the end of the season and God forbid Mancini is slightly lethargic at the moment but this will change at the weekend.

Remember folks, the team who have been top of the table on the 1st of Feb for the last 8 seasons have gone on to win the league that year!

Believe!!

bluevengence said:
Nevilles was a penalty

50/50 as were all the decisions. Problem is we lost all 5 key ones.

I have yet to see a keeper concede a penalty for that though. I personally thought that was a foul on the keeper, the Neville one wasn't, the aguero one was more a pen, the foul on Dzeko was a foul though only just and the everton player deserved a booking which he got.

I don't think a sending off wud have made much difference at that stage.

bluemonkey71 said:

We lacked the cutting edge last night. They were up for it and we couldn't find a way through. Djeko was poor for me and Kun never saw the ball

Get back to winning ways this weekend and stamp on fulham. Chelsea give the scum a roasting and we are clear again. They then face the rejuvenated Scousers after that so we could be 5-6 clear again.

CTID

Wise words. It's all in our own hands.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
no fucking width
not hating on mancini but hes so stubborn and inept and its tactical suicide to play nasri and silva but no natural winger tonight

Goodison is the most narrow ground in the league, width isn't a great option when playing there imo.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bluemonkey71 said:

CTID

Can you honestly see Chelsea beating the rags...not for me. We need to stop relying on other results and concentrate on our own.

Maybe, maybe not but we are first to play so a win will put the pressure on them. United winning that game is not a foregone conclusion though.

CRELLIN 78. I"m sick of hearing this shite " would not have dreamt this 13 years ago. " YOU DO KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY MR MANCINI HAS SPENT DONT YOU. . F.F.S.

SuperYaya said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
no fucking width
not hating on mancini but hes so stubborn and inept and its tactical suicide to play nasri and silva but no natural winger tonight

Goodison is the most narrow ground in the league, width isn't a great option when playing there imo.

Never mind you're knowledge of pitch dimensions, get your arse back from the ACN now !!!

:)

SuperYaya said:
not according to this, it appears to be the widest!

Here are the top 20 pitches ranked in order of size. The large number after the size of the pitch is calculated by multiplying the length and width of the pitch (in yards):

1. Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 Yards, 8932
2. Manchester United, Old Trafford, 116 x 76 yards, 8816
3. Blackburn Rovers, Ewood Park, 115 x 76 yards, 8740
4. Everton, Goodison Park, 112 x 78 yards, 8736
5. Wolves, Molineux, 115 x 75 yards, 8625
6. Aston Villa, Villa Park, 114 x 75 yards, 8550
7. Hull City, K C Stadium, 115 x 74 yards, 8510
8. Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
9. Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
10. Wigan Athletic, JJB Stadium, 114 x 74 yards, 8436
11. Portsmouth, Fratton Park, 115 x 73 yards, 8395
12. Chelsea, Stamford Bridge, 110 x 75 yards, 8250
13. Fulham, Craven Cottage, 110 x 75 yards, 8250
14. Liverpool, Anfield, 110 x 75 yards, 8250
15. Birmingham City, St. Andrews, 110 x 74 yards, 8140
16. Tottenham Hotspur, White Hart Lane, 110 x 73 yards, 8030
17. Bolton Wanderers, Reebok Stadium, 110 x 72 yards, 7920
18. Burnley, Turf Moor, 112 x 70 yards, 7840
19. West Ham United, Boleyn Ground, 110 x 70 yards, 7700
20. Stoke, Britannia Stadium, 110×70 yards, 7700

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.