Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

Failsworth_Blue said:
T_Bone said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Your entitled to your opinion with regards to United but I can't agree with it. United haven't had more than amount of points at this stage of a season or more goals scored for at least 7 seasons. If they were so bad why would they return a tally like that and you can't put all that simply down to a manager and ignoring the fact that they have players like Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Hernandez, Carrick, Nani, Valencia, Vidic.
You'd have all them before our players, then?

Are we talking starting 11? If so I could easily make a case for a minimum of 4 of them being in our starting 11 and I'd have a couple more in our squad of course if we going off footballing ability.

Tolmie, can I ask. Of the players I named earlier what do you think of them in terms of ability? It seems the only reason they have such a good points return and goal scoring return this season is down to their outstanding manager but what do you think of their players? Over performing? Not very good?
Not starting 11. Maybe squad. Maybe not. Evra and Ferdinand were good about two or three years ago. Vidic is the Scarlett Pimpernel, so that's 75% of a defence fucked off. Carrick? Honestly? I saw him pass a ball when he was playing for Spurs once. Nani and Valencia are the pinnacle of that list. And they aint that good.

An ageing, creaking, sub-standard United squad is being dragged along by a manager who is an awful, hateful gobshite but who is (and I despise myself for this) one of the best of all time at what he does.
It was the same last year. The difference this year being that we are a better team and a better squad.
Simply a question of certain players having to man up and face the challenge, especially away from home against physical sides in hostile atmospheres

Jesus, the number of utter drama, queen melt-downers on here is beyond belief.

Failsworth_Blue said:
T_Bone said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Your entitled to your opinion with regards to United but I can't agree with it. United haven't had more than amount of points at this stage of a season or more goals scored for at least 7 seasons. If they were so bad why would they return a tally like that and you can't put all that simply down to a manager and ignoring the fact that they have players like Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Hernandez, Carrick, Nani, Valencia, Vidic.

Are we talking starting 11? If so I could easily make a case for a minimum of 4 of them being in our starting 11 and I'd have a couple more in our squad of course if we going off footballing ability.

Tolmie, can I ask. Of the players I named earlier what do you think of them in terms of ability? It seems the only reason they have such a good points return and goal scoring return this season is down to their outstanding manager but what do you think of their players? Over performing? Not very good?

It's purely down to the manager. He inspires, he makes the team greater than the sum of its existing parts.

Ferguson makes them believe, like Moyes, but with superior players and resources. They run through brick walls for him.

Ferdinand, gone, a crock.

Vidic, not even playing this season.

Evra, seriously? Ask United fans where he's at.

Hernandez, not been playing this season, found out.

Nani - world class

Rooney - world class

Carrick - average plodder like Barry in twilight of career

Valencia - hot and cold winger on his day.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
T_Bone said:

It's purely down to the manager. He inspires, he makes the team greater than the sum of its existing parts.

Ferguson makes them believe, like Moyes, but with superior players and resources. They run through brick walls for him.

Nani - world class

Rooney - world class

So what we are saying is that Ferguson is making average players with a couple of world class ones, into a team that have scored loads of goals and have a great points return. Let's go back to previous seasons where I'm sure you believe United had a greater squad than they've got now but after 23 games haven't had more points or more goals, why was that? Surely if it's all down to him the better squad he has to work with the better points and goals return, no?

Or are you suggesting that because his squad isn't as good as it was last year or the year before that they are going that extra mile just because of the manager? You call Valencia an hot and cold winger, since he's been at United he's been fantastic and at the moment I can't think of a more in form player than him. They still have an excellent team with excellent players, they aren't just average players who are getting results week in week out because of their manager, they are getting results week in week out because they have the talent in terms of players and because of the manager.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
he makes the team greater than the sum of its existing parts.

Not heard this one for a while, we must have lost a few recently

Yeah heaven forbid Ferguson managing a team who would lose at home to Blackburn and away at Newcastle in the space of 4 days. It wouldn't happen for a manager that makes the team greater than the sum of its existing parts. United have an excellent squad.

Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

Nani - world class

Rooney - world class

So what we are saying is that Ferguson is making average players with a couple of world class ones, into a team that have scored loads of goals and have a great points return. Let's go back to previous seasons where I'm sure you believe United had a greater squad than they've got now but after 23 games haven't had more points or more goals, why was that? Surely if it's all down to him the better squad he has to work with the better points and goals return, no?

Or are you suggesting that because his squad isn't as good as it was last year or the year before that they are going that extra mile just because of the manager? You call Valencia an hot and cold winger, since he's been at United he's been fantastic and at the moment I can't think of a more in form player than him. They still have an excellent team with excellent players, they aren't just average players who are getting results week in week out because of their manager, they are getting results week in week out because they have the talent in terms of players and because of the manager.

-- Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm --

jay_mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
he makes the team greater than the sum of its existing parts.

Yeah heaven forbid Ferguson managing a team who would lose at home to Blackburn and away at Newcastle in the space of 4 days. It wouldn't happen for a manager that makes the team greater than the sum of its existing parts. United have an excellent squad.

Thats no where near as good as ours. Ferguson brings something to the table that no player or coach can, the ability to make players play at there maximum all season.

Bazzmand Show said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Nani - world class

Rooney - world class

Or are you suggesting that because his squad isn't as good as it was last year or the year before that they are going that extra mile just because of the manager? You call Valencia an hot and cold winger, since he's been at United he's been fantastic and at the moment I can't think of a more in form player than him. They still have an excellent team with excellent players, they aren't just average players who are getting results week in week out because of their manager, they are getting results week in week out because they have the talent in terms of players and because of the manager.

-- Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm --

jay_mcfc said:

Thats no where near as good as ours. Ferguson brings something to the table that no player or coach can, the ability to make players play at there maximum all season.

That's your opinion which you are entitled to but United's players don't play to their maximum all season, they also lose and draw games because that's football irrespective of how good the manager and team may be.

They have much greater strength in depth than us so overall their squad is bigger and therefore at times better. Could you imagine us having Lescott, Kompany and Kolo out any any one time and still be able to keep clean sheets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.