Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

tolmie's hairdoo said:
samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini's admission, whatever his reasons, is a suicide note in all but name.

Personally, if we do not win this title by at least six points I think there is a justification for his position to be reviewed.

United have had half a team and best players missing, whilst fielding players close to 40 and no real summer spend.

Sure, title would be great, but no way should it be by default or in spite of the manager.

So what you're saying is that if we win it by one point its because the scum lost it ??

No it will because City weren't good enough to actually reflect what the current state of the two sides are.

United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, never been so bad.

I'm just as focused on what the progression will be with Mancini at the helm over the coming seasons, as winning a one-off title.

How do you explain United's point tally at this stage of the season considering they are as bad as they have ever been?

You missed Spurs out, if the teams listed have been so bad then Spurs have never been so good yeah?

Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
samharris said:
So what you're saying is that if we win it by one point its because the scum lost it ??

No it will because City weren't good enough to actually reflect what the current state of the two sides are.

I'm just as focused on what the progression will be with Mancini at the helm over the coming seasons, as winning a one-off title.

How do you explain United's point tally at this stage of the season considering they are as bad as they have ever been?

Perhaps they were never as bad as we'd like to think !! we hate them and that does tend to cloud judgement,but the biggest factor in all this and has always been..

Sour Alex.

samharris said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Perhaps they were never as bad as we'd like to think !! we hate them and that does tend to cloud judgement,but the biggest factor in all this and has always been..

Sour Alex.

He's an outstanding manager but people seem dismissive of United when they still have some brilliant players who'd make it into most teams in the premiership and they have squad players who can come in and do a steady job when they needed. There is a reason they have an excellent points return so far this season and it's not down to luck or teams rolling over for them, it's because they have a great manager and some top players.

Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
samharris said:

You missed Spurs out, if the teams listed have been so bad then Spurs have never been so good yeah?

Because I firmly believe the league has never been so poor.

Coupled with United's myth that they are still all-powerful, they can bank points the majority of times without hitting the heights of previous years.

Same for Spurs, a myth, another ingredient in the Premier League hype machine.

For many teams now, it appears more important to pick their battles and secure staying in the league and the money it affords to keep them afloat.

IMO City also blew the title last season when it was there for the taking.

Take Ferguson out of the equation, and United would be battling for fourth like Chelsea and Arsenal.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Coupled with United's myth that they are still all-powerful, they can bank points the majority of times without hitting the heights of previous years.

For many teams now, it appears more important to pick their battles and secure staying in the league and the money it affords to keep them afloat.

Take Ferguson out of the equation, and United would be battling for fourth like Chelsea and Arsenal.

Your entitled to your opinion with regards to United but I can't agree with it. United haven't had more than amount of points at this stage of a season or more goals scored for at least 7 seasons. If they were so bad why would they return a tally like that and you can't put all that simply down to a manager and ignoring the fact that they have players like Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Hernandez, Carrick, Nani, Valencia, Vidic.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
samharris said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini's admission, whatever his reasons, is a suicide note in all but name.

Personally, if we do not win this title by at least six points I think there is a justification for his position to be reviewed.

United have had half a team and best players missing, whilst fielding players close to 40 and no real summer spend.

Sure, title would be great, but no way should it be by default or in spite of the manager.

We could play the best football in the prem week in week out getting 3 points like its raining them..The one thing we cannot do is dictate how the scum play against teams,thats out of our hands.. we have lost 3 all season we have scored many goals and conceeded relatively few..we can only concentrate on the team in hand at the time we play them.. If the other teams in the prem cant beat a so called weak scum side theres fook all we can do..what we did do when we played them was to knock them for six on their own patch..

We have taken 4 points from the dippers,3 from Arsenal and 3 from the scum...

like I said we cannot dictate how others perform against the scum.

Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

Your entitled to your opinion with regards to United but I can't agree with it. United haven't had more than amount of points at this stage of a season or more goals scored for at least 7 seasons. If they were so bad why would they return a tally like that and you can't put all that simply down to a manager and ignoring the fact that they have players like Ferdinand, Evra, Rooney, Hernandez, Carrick, Nani, Valencia, Vidic.

Ferguson is a phenomenon, don't sell him short. He's a ****, but I will ask you this.

Do you think we would be level on points if he was in our dugout?

Plenty of teams have won silverware by default, there's no shame in it. Both Chelsea and Arsenal have won recent FA Cup's having been outplayed by United.

It is my belief we will have won the title when the challenge is at its lowest ebb.

Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

You'd have all them before our players, then?

T_Bone said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

You'd have all them before our players, then?

Are we talking starting 11? If so I could easily make a case for a minimum of 4 of them being in our starting 11 and I'd have a couple more in our squad of course if we going off footballing ability.

Tolmie, can I ask. Of the players I named earlier what do you think of them in terms of ability? It seems the only reason they have such a good points return and goal scoring return this season is down to their outstanding manager but what do you think of their players? Over performing? Not very good?

very soon, this will happen.

ferguson either retired or dead in a hole

redknapp either england manager or being gang raped in pentonville

Wenger hounded out of the arse

that chelsea bloke will be another chelsea bloke

king kenny will still be a minor irritation

mancini will be crowned god of all before him.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.