Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Not even Goodison Park, Navas' finishing and blue shorts combined could stop us!

But in all seriousness, we look absolutely unstoppable. We have the defensive organisation of the Mancini era while keeping the attacking prowess that has been evident with Pellers' reign. The whole back 4 has transformed from last season and there is lot more protection infront of them without changing personnel. Sterling and Silva are magic together and Kolarov has taken advantage of that, and I know I just slagged him off but Navas was very impressive yet again.

We look hungry again, we've set down a bigger marker than at the start of 13/14. The season has potential, and lots of it. If we can keep everyone fit and hungry, then we could walk the league and certainly go into the latter stages of the champions league.

We have got ourselves some side here. I didn't agree with the substitution of Nasri for Sterling, Pellegrini likes to gamble on us scoring another and not conceding. Sterling and Navas help us to defend a lot better. Delph filling in on the left would be a lot stronger. Kolarov and Sagna have been fantastic so far.

Our press is so much better with only 1 up front. Sterling, Navas and Silva are buzzing around and making sure playing into our midfield is way more difficult last season. Our defence can play a higher line which lets Toure get further upfield than I thought he would in this system. Buzzin.

sterling has really added a new dimension ,not so much with he does - but what he frees silva to do

Lazy sky bollocks.
I can't understand all the hate for Navas. If you put yourself in the position of an opposition manager, the first thing you'd say in your pre match talk would be, "don't defend too high up, this bloke will skin you "

Subperb performance in what were pretty shitty conditions. We look a very cohesive unit,
with bucket loads of talent thrown in. Think i will be enjoying this season enormously.
Not that i don't anyway.

Navas is relentless and a real team player,hes very clever with his passing in the build up and hardly ever makes a mistake
He had a great chance ,should of slotted it low through howards legs but only managed to to smack it in his mush,oh dear

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.