Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

daily_gifdump_720_15.gif
Result!!

Really tough test today, Everton weren't poor, far from it. Great defending to keep their chances to a bare minimum. The people calling for Navas to be subbed at half time are fucking idiots.
I thought Pellegrini made a mistake taking Sterling off, we looked more vulnerable on that side. What do I know though, because it was Nasri who sealed it.
Great performance from us today, I hope we keep this up and really put pressure on Chelsea, Mourinho's teams don't like playing catch up.
A quick word on the ref. He gave us nothing, he's a RAG ****.

Edited for you

Sky have given Eli 5/10 for today's game. That is simply ridiculous, he had a great game again.

Sky have given Eli 5/10 for today's game. That is simply ridiculous.

Noticed it as well. Pathetic but it allows them to carry on with their narrative that he is a weak link i suppose.

That said the match day thread was no better at times today about the lad, sadly.

Wonderful result. I thought Everton were excellent today and gave our back four a real hard time. They passed the ball well in midfield and at times found it easy to run off the back of Toure and Dinho, especially after he was booked. McCarthy and Barkley both showed moments of real quality.

But we were just a class above. We weren't as aggressive and our tempo wasn't as good as it had been against Chelsea and West Brom but still Silva, Kun, Sterling, and Navas gave them a torrid time. On another day we'd probably have scored four or five goals easy.

Another clean sheet for the defence which bodes well. It's hard not to be impressed with the form of all four and three of them have been pretty widely maligned at some point in the last 12 months. Joe had a hairy moment and Manga got sucked out a little too far a couple of times but otherwise we were pretty flawless as a defensive unit.

Big call by Pellegrini to take Sterling off and I reckon a few people will have questioned it. For me Coleman was beginning to get a bit of joy out of him and he looked tired, so Nasri was the logical option because he's excellent at keeping the ball and gives Everton a different kind of problem. It paid off and you could tell by Pellegrini's celebration how pleased he was.

I liked that, I liked that a lot. Looking a very composed side at present, with our defence impressing me the most. Toughest game of the season will probably be next Saturday against Watford.

Ha ha. It's hard to get rid of the old City fan mentality even when we're playing like this. But yeah, my old City head is saying I wouldn't be surprised of we drew or scraped a 1-0.

Anyway, happy we won. Everton has never been a happy place for us to go, so it^s nice to see we're slowly breaking the voodoo they've had over us.

Nice performance, but still think we sometimes fanny about to much around the opposition box looking for the perfect pass instead of really going for it.

Great afternoons work though. Nice start.

An inch. Fantastic call by the linesman, especially with another Everton player obscuring his view.
Correct - he had a foot offside and so he was offside. Think of Bony's header against City last year - was offside but linesman missed it. Today the linesman got it spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.