Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Great win from city and another clean sheet.. What's important now is we follow up with another win against Watford. Let's not get carried away few of my mates saying 7's an 8's lets just get the 3 points.

The first three games are just as important as the last three..

And I did say 'Could' fella... but if we keep our focus,I see no reason why we couldnt go unbeaten.

Do we want to be the "Invinsibles" or just invisable ?. I am confused - which doesn't take a lot.!!!

Didn't see the whole game yesterday as I had set off for work just after we took the lead, so only just seen the SKY highlights, and I'll go so far as to say we won't play many tougher opponents this season away from home.

We always seem to find Everton away difficult, and yesterday was no different, they played very well, and we did get a little rub of the green at times, but we're going to be very difficult to beat this season if we keep playing this way. For one, we're likely to be out of sight against some teams before they can do anything about it, and secondly our defence looks very cohesive all of a sudden, the weakest link yesterday was Joe Hart, but he's had next to nothing to do so far this season.

Elsewhere defensively we look very strong, Kompany and Mangala have both started very well, and its a partnership that will only improve, and we have very good back up there now. The fullbacks have both started in great form, both attacking and defending, great to see Sagna now doing the same runs that Zab does, and overlapping Navas, who gives us good defensive cover too. Kolarov has a new lease of life with Sterling in front and helping him out defensively, and with Fernandhino quick to come over and fill that side too, our left side which was a serious weakness last season, now looks very strong. The cover in front from Fernandhino and Yaya also looks very flexible, with both also able to get forward and support the attack.

Attacking wise we look great, threats form the right, threats form the left, and threats down the middle, and Aguero still to find his scoring boots.

We still have to concede a goal, so we need to see the reaction to that if we concede first, so its early days yet, and we shouldn't get carried away, but the signs are very good. If we add de Bruyne, then the thought of him, Silva, Sterling, and Aguero (and or Bony) as an attack (with Nasri and Navas as back ups, and a hungry youngster on the bench) will put the shits up the best defences in Europe, not just England.

CITY ARE BACK , CITY ARE BACK , really finding it difficult to criticise the lads at the moment , every player has contributed to a great start , the only criticism is Sterlings pink boots , and all the other players with pink boots , you can't beat a pair of classic adidas santiago , classic boot , (but obviously off limits because those rag barstewards are sponsored by adidas)

Argued against it for donkeys years but with so much at stake these days and the speed with which a decision can be looked at, reluctantly i agree.
I can't imagine what technology they'd use to get an instant decision like goal line technology, when there are so many variables to make a player offside, particularly on what constitutes interfering with play. If it's just a video review then how long to get a verdict, by which time the ball may be down the other end.

Talking to a rag receptionist at work today she claimed that Rooney's goal was onside and should have been allowed. I did point out to her that technology proved it to be offside albeit by a small margin and therefore it was a correct decision not to allow it. No, she argued, it was onside. as usual why let the facts get in he way

She sounds like a taxi driver

I love the fact we appear to have the perfect blend of silk and steel.

I am not sure how sustainable it is as much of it relies on Ferna being on top form and fit. Thus far, he has been superb.

I noticed that Everton only had one shot on target, but I can't see how, as Hart made a save in the first half - an easy save, but definitely a shot on target from outside the area, and then Vinny cleared off the line (or was this second one going wide? and if so, it's not a clearance off the line!)
Shot on target

Any goal attempt that:

a) Goes into the net

b) Would have gone into the net but for being stopped by a goalkeeper's save

c) Would have gone into the net but for being stopped by a defender who is the last man.

Shot off target

Any goal attempt where the ball is going wide of the target, misses the goal or hits the woodwork.

Blocked Shot

Any goal attempt heading roughly on target toward goal which is blocked by a defender, where there are other defenders or a goalkeeper behind the blocker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.