Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

A great win at a place we have struggled to perform well in. I thought we started brilliantly again and with a bit of luck Aguero will have us three up after ten minutes in a game one of these days.

We managed to restrict Everton well, and clearly identified the Lukaku and Barkley threat and dealt with them effectively. We stuck to our task and despite being 0-0 for so long found the goal after staying patient and not making drastic changes.

A great win. 9/9pts from WBA away, Chelsea at home and Everton away... a better return than I expected. 5pts would have been a decent return from those.

What we have to do now is keep the same concentration and mentality for the easier games on paper. Watford will be really up for their game with us, it's one of the highlights of being in the league. We drop too many points against sides lower down the table because we lose that hard working mentality. We need to keep that aspect of our play and keep winning.

Things will get tougher when the CL and league cup start as it will be a hectic schedule. That's why we need to keep winning at this stage, our run in is tougher than our competitors so we need to have a few points up our sleeve.

Great result, great performance.

Thought Silva, Mangala and Navas deserve special mentions.

Personally thought Aguero was out of sorts/not fit - especially after the first 20 minutes. Not his usual 'harrying' self.

My only gripe was Delph and Sterling not celebrating the second goal from the bench!

The offside was spot on, same as the one against Chelsea, which one pundit (I think it was Shearer) laughably claimed that although it was the right decision, no linesman was good enough to spot it so it should have been a goal. What a prick.
It's nice that our well drilled offside trap is reaping the benefits of hard work on the training pitch. Last year that wasn't the case. I lost count of the amount of times we successfully played the offside trap only for the linesman to miss it.
We really should be bringing the sport into this century and start using video technology for things like offsides and penalty appeals. 9 times out of ten the pundits in the studio have studied the footage and got a definitive decision while the players are still arguing with the ref. There really is no excuse.

Way too early for that mate, we won't get close to being invisible unfortunately, the league is much stronger than it was back then!
The first three games are just as important as the last three..

And I did say 'Could' fella... but if we keep our focus,I see no reason why we couldnt go unbeaten.

The offside was spot on, same as the one against Chelsea, which one pundit (I think it was Shearer) laughably claimed that although it was the right decision, no linesman was good enough to spot it so it should have been a goal. What a prick.
It's nice that our well drilled offside trap is reaping the benefits of hard work on the training pitch. Last year that wasn't the case. I lost count of the amount of times we successfully played the offside trap only for the linesman to miss it.
We really should be bringing the sport into this century and start using video technology for things like offsides and penalty appeals. 9 times out of ten the pundits in the studio have studied the footage and got a definitive decision while the players are still arguing with the ref. There really is no excuse.

Argued against it for donkeys years but with so much at stake these days and the speed with which a decision can be looked at, reluctantly i agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.