Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Great result, great performance.

Thought Silva, Mangala and Navas deserve special mentions.

Personally thought Aguero was out of sorts/not fit - especially after the first 20 minutes. Not his usual 'harrying' self.

My only gripe was Delph and Sterling not celebrating the second goal from the bench!

Delph was smiling and waiting to come on !!!

The offside was spot on, same as the one against Chelsea, which one pundit (I think it was Shearer) laughably claimed that although it was the right decision, no linesman was good enough to spot it so it should have been a goal. What a prick.

Turtle said much the same about the rags disallowed goal on Saturday, the FA might not be allowed to touch Shearer as a pundit but they should crack down on an attempt to slur the linesman over a correct decision and the BBC and Sky should remember that Sian Massey call before letting their pundits talk such shite.

Turtle said much the same about the rags disallowed goal on Saturday, the FA might not be allowed to touch Shearer as a pundit but they should crack down on an attempt to slur the linesman over a correct decision and the BBC and Sky should remember that Sian Massey call before letting their pundits talk such shite.
Talking to a rag receptionist at work today she claimed that Rooney's goal was onside and should have been allowed. I did point out to her that technology proved it to be offside albeit by a small margin and therefore it was a correct decision not to allow it. No, she argued, it was onside. as usual why let the facts get in he way

Talking to a rag receptionist at work today she claimed that Rooney's goal was onside and should have been allowed. I did point out to her that technology proved it to be offside albeit by a small margin and therefore it was a correct decision not to allow it. No, she argued, it was onside. as usual why let the facts get in he way

And this is the effect that him slagging the linesman has. If he'd put his hands up and said it was a great call there's no pressure on the linesman, now there will be.

If only their one shot on target had gone in eh :)

I noticed that Everton only had one shot on target, but I can't see how, as Hart made a save in the first half - an easy save, but definitely a shot on target from outside the area, and then Vinny cleared off the line (or was this second one going wide? and if so, it's not a clearance off the line!)

I noticed that Everton only had one shot on target, but I can't see how, as Hart made a save in the first half - an easy save, but definitely a shot on target from outside the area, and then Vinny cleared off the line (or was this second one going wide? and if so, it's not a clearance off the line!)
They don't count blocked shots as shots on target for some reason.

Just had another look, think the one Vinnie cleared was in fact going wide.

It beggars belief that they can come out with this shit and not be challenged.

Yes, but didn't we and West Brom wear white shorts for the opening game of the season too?

(Mind you a poster replied and said WBA's shorts were longer so there was no kit clash, which seems strange to me, as a player, when your heads down with the ball at your feet and about to be tackled, you may pass the ball to another white shorted player and not realize it's opposition).

tut tut.All good footballers play with their head up. They know exactly where the ball is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.