everyone get out alive??

Got back today and I didn't see any violence. Also didn't hear of any stabbings or kickings and spoke to a decent range of blues, some who had been in bars pre match in the city centre and near to the ground.

Heard of one incident where a threat was made and a gesture with a knife was done but apart from that heard nothing.

My personal opinion was that throughout the day Naples was a decent enough place, you could stroll about and have a drink with no bother but as the game approached and night fell it did seem a bit eery.

Personally I didn't take any risks, I had a good drink the night before in Rome but hardly had a drink while in Naples, went for a bit of tea and had 2 beers with my pizza but that was it. After the game walked away from port area and got in a taxi a bit further up the road back to hotel.

The worst area from what I experienced was around the train station "Piazza Garibaldi", got off the train and wasn't sure where our hotel was. Decided to walk to another hotel to ask at the reception but that 150 metre walk was right through bandit country, shady people everywhere and I did perspire a little if I'm being honest. Just had an awful look and feel about the place.

As a football experience, despite losing these are the atmospheres you look forward too imo, these are the types of games that justify what we do. It was purely class, what they do as a bunch of supporters can't be replicated and those that didn't travel really missed out. It wasn't a piss up type of place but it was a city that clearly love their football.

Overall, I wouldn't rush back there in a hurry but if we played them again in a few years I would defo go just for the game and atmosphere.

Mugatu said:
Whitworth Park said:
funny as fuck to see two scroats on a Vespa swerving all over the place when a thunderflash was dropped out of the airvent.

Yes, the very height of comedy genius that one.

I'm glad you agree, wish I had the video.

manimanc said:
azzura???

rag alert....
Well, unlike Guiseppe who was in London, and mostly trolling, I can confirm that azzura is posting from Italy.

Not everybody who disagrees with the blue consensus is a rag. Not every Napoli fan (or resident) is a thug.

azzura is also correct that there was a considerable amount of scare mongering on here, but it was with some justification considering the well publicised incidents in the last 12 months associated with football matches, he/she is correct though that it was probably over the top.

cleavers said:
manimanc said:
azzura???

rag alert....
Well, unlike Guiseppe who was in London, and mostly trolling, I can confirm that azzura is posting from Italy.

Not everybody who disagrees with the blue consensus is a rag. Not every Napoli fan (or resident) is a thug.

azzura is also correct that there was a considerable amount of scare mongering on here, but it was with some justification considering the well publicised incidents in the last 12 months associated with football matches, he/she is correct though that it was probably over the top.

Fair enough - just that there was a preponderance of "one posters" during lunchtime and after Giuseppe the bell end I was starting to get a tad paranoid - I reiterate my earlier sentiments to azzura

Here are the observations of my two mates who went, after the premtive strike on Sorrento in which the mancunian vanguard were involved in clashes with elements of the italian backtrack scooter brigade they came out with a few black eyes but moral high. On to phase two of the plan the invasion of Naples, as the english 760 regiment led by lord Monty of spike approached the city down tobruk avenue they were spotted by the italian army led by fat head posturing Mussolini not liking the odds of outnumbering the mancs 100 to 1 every tank scooter and car went into reverse gear but were brave enough to give knife across the throat hand gestures and throw fireworks before scarpering in a haze of exhaust fumes. As the mancs entered El Alamaine square they were met by the sight of the whole italian army sat down drinking wine and waving white flags just as their grandfathers had done in 1941 as my old dad used to say the ities think they are lovers not fighters and are not worth bothering with. Moral of story is dont exadurate with stories of did everyone get out alive thousands didnt fighting the italians in ww2 ie Monte Cassino and our lads are still dying today in afghanistan, last night was afootball match nothing more.

This discussion is making me sick, if you can't see that Napoli is just an avarage city, neither heaven nor hell, the problem is yours, i'm from Napoli and i had this luck! I feel sorrow for those who can't understand what Napoli really is, you don't know what you're missing!

mr groucho said:
This discussion is making me sick, if you can't see that Napoli is just an avarage city, neither heaven nor hell, the problem is yours, i'm from Napoli and i had this luck! I feel sorrow for those who can't understand what Napoli really is, you don't know what you're missing!

the city is fine, just the people in it are scum. well the football following people anyway.

blue underpants said:
Here are the observations of my two mates who went, after the premtive strike on Sorrento in which the mancunian vanguard were involved in clashes with elements of the italian backtrack scooter brigade they came out with a few black eyes but moral high. On to phase two of the plan the invasion of Naples, as the english 760 regiment led by lord Monty of spike approached the city down tobruk avenue they were spotted by the italian army led by fat head posturing Mussolini not liking the odds of outnumbering the mancs 100 to 1 every tank scooter and car went into reverse gear but were brave enough to give knife across the throat hand gestures and throw fireworks before scarpering in a haze of exhaust fumes. As the mancs entered El Alamaine square they were met by the sight of the whole italian army sat down drinking wine and waving white flags just as their grandfathers had done in 1941 as my old dad used to say the ities think they are lovers not fighters and are not worth bothering with. Moral of story is dont exadurate with stories of did everyone get out alive thousands didnt fighting the italians in ww2 ie Monte Cassino and our lads are still dying today in afghanistan, last night was afootball match nothing more.

Quite possibly the best mis-spelling ever witnessed on BM. Take a bow.

mr groucho said:

I only saw part of your huge sprawling metropolis, but didn't like it if being perfectly honest Groucho.

It's NOT an average city, it's dirty, slightly depressing, and somewhat unfriendly.

I'm still glad I went though, and it was a pleasure to meet Pete 1201 in the Galleria

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.