Everyone on here and in this country is to blame

Immaculate Pasta said:
Not Rooney the fat whinging scouse ****.
Not Gerrard the diving whinging scouse ****.
Not Lampard the fat clever ****.
Not Terry the serial shagging ****.

99% of people in this country are to blame even if you don't know it.

"Robinho doesn't track back"
"Micah Richards is quality"
A team keeping posession "get it fucking forward, stop fucking about"
"Berbatov is shite, what a waste of £30m"
On a Saturday morning "CLEAR IT" - "GET RID" - "STOP FUCKING ABOUT YOU LITTLE SHIT" - "YOU'VE COST US THE FUCKING GAME BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO DRIBBLE INSTEAD OF GETTING RID"

And Capello's just to blame. Lennon is a decent player in the prem but only because teams defend a high line here so he has the oppourtunity to use his pace. At international level it is different and you need someone with class on the ball who can get you out of tight situations like a certain person on the bench (J.Cole) and a lad back home in Manchester (A.Johnson)

We are the only country that would give the likes of Heskey 1 cap let alone nearly 60 because he is strong, big and causes havoc.

We are the only country that hails decent players like Wayne Rooney world class.

We are the only country who picks two gaff prone keepers who have been in a relegation battle all season over an outstanding young keeper who took and it was him only took a promoted average side to a top table finish because of experience. Iker Casillas was playing in the champions league final at 19 FFS!

We are the only country who persist on playing that outdated formation of a standard 4-4-2 with no adapability.

This country may have invented the rules of the game but it's an embarrasment and it's not because of Rooney, Capello and co but because of the people in this country.

What we need to do is to get a group of talented 6-10 year olds and send them to Spain, Holland and Argentina and tell them to not come back until they have completed their football education as thats the only way we will achieve major honours as a country.

"Robinho is shite, he doesn't track back! Come on Bellers run like a headless chicken and shout alot, thats what us english want" FFS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1lfSzgcAw[/youtube]

Dear OP,

Some of what you say rings true, but you seem to have the standpoint that physicality (and pace) is not a massive attribute in the modern game. I disagree. You can be an average footballer and make up for it with natural athleticism.

Thanks,

Your mate.

Challenger1978 said:
Jesus some of the shite you lot come out with is unbelievable, do yourselfs all a favour. Turn the fucking volume off when watching a match and see what you think then. Instead of listening to the total shite spouted by the ***** that are comentating and taking it as gospel.

Who the fuck on the TV said anything what i've said?<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:58 pm --<br /><br />
nashark said:
Dear OP,

Some of what you say rings true, but you seem to have the standpoint that physicality (and pace) is not a massive attribute in the modern game. I disagree. You can be an average footballer and make up for it with natural athleticism.

Thanks,

Your mate.

I don't have that standpoint, they are massive attributes in the modern game and you cannot be a top player without them. My standpoint is that in this country that is the only thing "we" (as in english) look for.

Don't agree with everything the OP says - work rate and athleticism is a vital part of the game - but overall some excellent points raised and worth thinking about.

johnny on the spot said:
What a load of fucking bollocks, hahaha

Laugh all you want but he's right

Also another factor is there's no passion on the England players' faces. Look at when at Maicon scored for Brazil, he nearly had tears in his eyes as did Elano. And look at when De Rossi equalized for Italy, it was like he'd scored the winner in the final. The difference in Italy, Brazil etc is that it's an honour to play for their country, not a chore. Italy didn't have the quality to win the last World Cup but won it through sheer passion, determination, team work and togetherness, something I'm afraid the England players will never posess.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:22 am --<br /><br />
ManCityX said:
At my school the team was filled with big players who played kick and rush and tried to score from 18 yards all the time.

Smaller players like myself, who were great passers of the ball, had good footballing brains etc couldn't get in the team.

Same here

simmers said:
johnny on the spot said:
What a load of fucking bollocks, hahaha

Laugh all you want but he's right

Also another factor is there's no passion on the England players' faces. Look at when at Maicon scored for Brazil, he nearly had tears in his eyes as did Elano. And look at when De Rossi equalized for Italy, it was like he'd scored the winner in the final. The difference in Italy, Brazil etc is that it's an honour to play for their country, not a chore. Italy didn't have the quality to win the last World Cup but won it through sheer passion, determination, team work and togetherness, something I'm afraid the England players will never posess.

That's another good point, i think the national anthem plays a part in what you say. Italy also won the world cup because they had Pirlo who is magnificent!

ManCityX said:
At my school the team was filled with big players who played kick and rush and tried to score from 18 yards all the time.

Smaller players like myself, who were great passers of the ball, had good footballing brains etc couldn't get in the team.

Same here...
"Titch who was the best technical player in the school team( whose lad went on to play for City reserves) was never a regular pick, cos he wasn't a big lad like me, who could head the ball and kick it clear, and upset their forwards and always got chosen and was regularly MOM cos the team was s**t apart from Titch.

Titch you know who you are....blimey, I am talking about 45 years ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.