Everyone ready for the new season ?

Every season people and City supporters question the club and every season they are proven wrong. City are not going to go out and buy a top class dm because no.player worth their salt is going to come here and sit on the bench. We are probably going to try and groom one of the young academy players to learn the position, probably Nico ORielly, and come up with something creative for a season in order to give Rodri a rest whilst he is learning this chage of position. But unless we can find someone who top notch in this position and is prepared to be back up then we probably go with what we have at the moment. I realise its a risk but City have been bitten once when signing Kalvin Phillips for a good chunk of change which hasnt worked at all. I don't believe we're prepared to do that again. With regards to getting another forward in I think like the situation with Rodders, no decent centre forward is going to come and sit on the bench to be Haaland's backup, so we will go back to a false nine if and when required. With regards to needing a left back we last had one with Mendy and he was a disaster. We have done really well since then, although Cancelo filled in there untill he threw his toys out of the pram, with Ake and Gvardiol playing there so I again don't feel it's a pressing issue for City. Let's have some faith in the bald one, he deserves that from us City fans after all the success he has brought us.
Good post mate. When you do down the road of signing players for the sake of it because that’s where you need a player you end up like Man United and Chelsea with a big bloated overpaid unhappy squad you can’t get clear out.

One of the things we do brilliantly is try to only sign young playera of the requisite quality and mindset and when you are the best team in Europe that’s not easy. It’s better to sign nobody that someone not good enough.

Wait until mid October and we draw 0-0 with Southampton and the “we’ve lost our hunger”/“Pep has no plan B”/“Top 4 will be a struggle” posts come out. Happens every single season.

Good post mate. When you do down the road of signing players for the sake of it because that’s where you need a player you end up like Man United and Chelsea with a big bloated overpaid unhappy squad you can’t get clear out.

One of the things we do brilliantly is try to only sign young playera of the requisite quality and mindset and when you are the best team in Europe that’s not easy. It’s better to sign nobody that someone not good enough.

Wait until mid October and we draw 0-0 with Southampton and the “we’ve lost our hunger”/“Pep has no plan B”/“Top 4 will be a struggle” posts come out. Happens every single season.
What we do really well is that we always wait for the player we actually want, think Earling Haaland. We knew we needed a centre forward after Sergio left but what did we do? We waited for a season and played with a false nine, won the league and then got Earling the season after.

Eeee by gum I’m getting concerned! I’ve just been looking at next week’s Radio Times (other listings mags are available) and every pundit appears to think we’ll win the PL again. It is spooky and I am too superstitious I’m afraid. :-) ;-) :-(

Yep I'm ready, ready more than normal. Not expecting us to come flying of the blocks, so many players not ready yet.

I have a real siege mentality this season. The press/media can do one, fucking scum of this country.

We're Man City and we fight till the end

Yes ready as I'm sure Lord Pannick is too
So, watch out, watch out Pannick's about !

all set for 10 months of being dragged as scum via the media because of the team i support.

Yay :-(
Don't be upset. Relish in the media outcry; it boils down to jealousy.

Always remember, the reason we're hated is because we're the greatest English team of a generation. If we were shit, everyone would love us.

Bring that fifth consecutive title home, boys.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.