Everyone ready for the new season ?

I'm ready but looking at our squad City clearly aren't. 4 key players haven't even come back from summer, the gaping hole of a decent hold midf who can also let Rodri have a rest during the season hasn't been addressed, there's now only 1 striker on the books, as ever there isn't a signal genuine left back in the entire squad, the first choice right back is 34, Central midfielders KDB (age 33), Kovacic (30), Bernardo Silva (30 tomorrow) are getting up in age and the back-ups - Phillips and Nunes - are hopeless.

Apart from that......not entirely sure what the clubs plan has been in the market this summer but we've trousered around £150m yet have made ourselves weaker and not addressed any of the squads needs.
Every season people and City supporters question the club and every season they are proven wrong. City are not going to go out and buy a top class dm because no.player worth their salt is going to come here and sit on the bench. We are probably going to try and groom one of the young academy players to learn the position, probably Nico ORielly, and come up with something creative for a season in order to give Rodri a rest whilst he is learning this chage of position. But unless we can find someone who top notch in this position and is prepared to be back up then we probably go with what we have at the moment. I realise its a risk but City have been bitten once when signing Kalvin Phillips for a good chunk of change which hasnt worked at all. I don't believe we're prepared to do that again. With regards to getting another forward in I think like the situation with Rodders, no decent centre forward is going to come and sit on the bench to be Haaland's backup, so we will go back to a false nine if and when required. With regards to needing a left back we last had one with Mendy and he was a disaster. We have done really well since then, although Cancelo filled in there untill he threw his toys out of the pram, with Ake and Gvardiol playing there so I again don't feel it's a pressing issue for City. Let's have some faith in the bald one, he deserves that from us City fans after all the success he has brought us.

Can't wait.
We are so bloody blessed to witness what we have.
For me, the emergence of the young players has energised me once more. I was exhausted at the end of last season, with every single point seemingly crucial. Now, we begin again, and with a freshness to add to the steely experience. Stay safe, everyone, and relish every moment.

One thing I'll be changing this season is not obsessing over our competitors' live scores.
I don't subscribe to Sky or TNT so last season found myself constantly updating my phone when Arsenal and Liverpool were playing.
This season I'll just take a casual look at the results once games have finished and save myself loads of stress, time and phone battery life!
Life's too short to flap over things you have no control over.

One thing I'll be changing this season is not obsessing over our competitors' live scores.
I don't subscribe to Sky or TNT so last season found myself constantly updating my phone when Arsenal and Liverpool were playing.
This season I'll just take a casual look at the results once games have finished and save myself loads of stress, time and phone battery life!
No point in watching football at all then :-)

I am confident we will challenge for the title again

I leaning to us romping it

Looking forward to the trip to Chelsea next week

James Milner apparently does the same, so I tried it last season and it is a lot easier mentally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.