Everyone ready for the new season ?

Nope.
Poor/inactive transfer window (so far).
Our seeming willingness to lose possession (after our greatest ever season of keeping it). Baffling but in Pep we must trust and indulge.
Pep's contract situation, undecided and creating uncertainty.
The 115 - not our fault, but a deflating, continuing, relentless saga.
The constantly shitty press - sometimes aided and abetted by us - tkts and blue badge issues etc.
Similarly the disconnect between club and fans.
There does seem to be an end of era lethargy about team matters. Pep and player genius scraped us home by a narrow margin last year. Expecting a lot, given the backdrop and other clubs rejuvenation, to expect the same again.

I'm sure an "inconsequential" loss to our lovely neighbours at the weekend - will have us all feeling a lot better about things.

Yes, I am very much a "glass is smashed to smithereens" type, and have seen away a number in neighbouring seats over the seasons,.......but you did ask.

Last edited:
Not really, it’s still cricket season, still the Olympics and still summer. Not only that but the football season was extended with the Euros - the players need a proper break.

The transfer window has been disappointing for us so far too. We don’t seem to be interested in strengthening despite Arse running us close and that terrible cup final performance.

Having said that our rivals haven’t signed anyone of note either, luckily. It just all feels a bit boring to be honest. If we went out and made a statement signing I think the whole club would be given a huge boost, and with everyone else’s squads as they are I think we’d easily win the title.

FA Cup final feels like yesterday! Season always comes round quick after a World Cup or Euros. We’ve got the Club World Cup next summer so no doubt another quick turnaround this time next year.

I just think with the Euros, hardly a pre season rest for most of our players, will contribute to a sluggish start by us.

I think we will some some dodgy results in the first 4 weeks or so.

No, personally I would prefer a full three month break between seasons and shorter international tournaments, and do away with Super Cups and World Club Championships, and reduce the Champions League back to where it has been. The Charity Shield could go too, with the winners of last season’s League and Cup playing for it as part of the Premier League. I love football but there is simply too much of it.

Nope.
Poor/inactive transfer window (so far).
Our seeming willingness to lose possession (after our greatest ever season of keeping it). Baffling but in Pep we must trust and indulge.
Pep's contract situation, undecided and creating uncertainty.
The 115 - not our fault, but a deflating, continuing, relentless saga.
The constantly shitty press - sometimes aided and abetted by us - tkts and blue badge issues etc.
Similarly the disconnect between club and fans.
There does seem to be an end of era lethargy about team matters. Pep and player genius scraped us home by a narrow margin last year. Expecting a lot, given the backdrop and other clubs rejuvenation, to expect the same again.

I'm sure an "inconsequential" loss to our lovely neighbours at the weekend - will have us all feeling a lot better about things.

Yes, I am very much a "glass is smashed to smithereens" type, and have seen away a number in neighbouring seats over the seasons,.......but you did ask.

Yes of course. It's always a pleasure to get back to the Etihad and see how things evolve. Can't wait.

And here comes the start of the merry go round that the same people get on each year

Inactive transfer window
Players still on holiday
Poor results pre season

How many seasons have to go by where you're proved wrong before you just let things 'pan out'

Player welfare is obviously a different issue, as some of them have barely had a break.

But there’s 89 days between the last league game and the first this season.

That’s more than enough for me. Raring to go now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.