Evidence for religion

sorry if its too straight to the point for you,
what awareness, what hearfelt joy? just soundbites mate
the thread is about is there a god as you well know and you go round in circles to confuse and sidetrack the issue and never give an answer
always open for conversation just give a straight answer
So you know not of awareness or heartfelt joy? Does that prove that these don't exist? Anyhow question for you. IF something confuses you, does
that necessarily mean that it's nature is actually confusing or is it possible that you just don't want to understand it?

So you know not of awareness or heartfelt joy? Does that prove that these don't exist? Anyhow question for you. IF something confuses you, does
that necessarily mean that it's nature is actually confusing or is it possible that you just don't want to understand it?

course i do, but what has that got to do with evidence for a god

if something confuses me it simply means i don't currently understand that something, and i'm not sure what you are infering that i don't want to understand?

I am Atheist. I don't judge people for their beliefs, unless those beliefs are harmful or illegal (some might argue religion, or people claiming to be religious are or can be harmful, but that's another debate). Conversely, I don't expect to be judged by religious folk because I'm Atheist. I don't choose not to believe; I simply don't believe in god based on the evidence of science and my own eyes and ears.

Whatever I choose to believe or not believe will not change the course of my life unless I physically act upon that belief in some way.

Religion as a belief system is a way of controlling people, but also a crutch for people to lean on. Some need it; some don't. I can also just be a template for a way of living your life, but I think if you need a template, you're probably going about life all wrong.

course i do, but what has that got to do with evidence for a god

if something confuses me it simply means i don't currently understand that something, and i'm not sure what you are infering that i don't want to understand?
Joy as in an essence of the Whole that some may call God? In that way 'evidence' is more a state of awareness than something that can be put down on paper. And it was a question re confusion as to hpw you might look at it, is all.

As long as they don't harm anyone let them live their lives as they please, some people take great comfort in their faith .maybe if we were more understanding the world would be a better place

I am Atheist. I don't judge people for their beliefs, unless those beliefs are harmful or illegal (some might argue religion, or people claiming to be religious are or can be harmful, but that's another debate). Conversely, I don't expect to be judged by religious folk because I'm Atheist. I don't choose not to believe; I simply don't believe in god based on the evidence of science and my own eyes and ears.

Whatever I choose to believe or not believe will not change the course of my life unless I physically act upon that belief in some way.

Religion as a belief system is a way of controlling people, but also a crutch for people to lean on. Some need it; some don't. I can also just be a template for a way of living your life, but I think if you need a template, you're probably going about life all wrong.

A mate of mine has found god and now works for a church, and never bloody shuts up about it or stops trying to convert you.

It’s got to the point where we now take the piss to stop him.

The religious won’t ever stop bothering atheists or condemning us.

As long as they don't harm anyone let them live their lives as they please, some people take great comfort in their faith .maybe if we were more understanding the world would be a better place
I agree with this entirely, however the reality is often that those who are religious when they are in the majority look down upon and marginalise those who are either 1) not of the same faith as them 2) those who do not subscribe to any faith. I've experienced this three different times in my life, one of which we're currently having to deal with as my daughter has been marginalised and shunned (not allowed round the houses of her class mates, class mates told they can't be friends with her even in school etc) because we don't believe in the religion of her peers. This is where I fucking hate religion. I would never dream of saying that a friend of hers isn't allowed round our house because they follow god A or god B, although I have to admit I draw the line at allowing united shirts into our house.

Nothing is perfect. People not seeing out a full life, is a crying shame, but it is what it is.
Just to add. Why would a belief in God, change anything. Although why what I said has
anything to do with poor kiddies with cancer, I do not know.

It's about giving those kids some comfort before death , it helps to know you will go to a better place. My opinion anyway

It's about giving those kids some comfort before death , it helps to know you will go to a better place. My opinion anyway
I agree with regards to giving them comfort, that's a good thing, but it is a lie, albeit a well-meaning one, as there is no evidence whatsoever that there is anything after we die.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.