Evidence for religion

I think we're in agreement, but the question why still remains.
Why a big bang? If beforehand there was nothing, which in itself is an impossible concept for most brains to conceive of.
Religion doesn't answer this with any evidence other than there must be a higher power.
Science doesn't offer any explanation either in my opinion, other than a lot of unprovable theories.
If people want to quantify that unknown as God, I don't have a problem with them, but the made up religions that evolve out of that concept are the problem as far as I'm concerned.

I think most of religion can probably be traced back to man trying to express the meaning of the seasons, birth, renewal, death, remembrance.....
basically our lives as a species with self awareness.
I don't think anything before our ascent to dominance on earth is ingrained in our consciousness. There is a gap there that primitive man couldn't explain from observation of his surroundings.

Science is piecing things together slowly backwards, but will never answer all either.
I don’t think it can be an accepted theory if it has no proof. I theory has to be proven. A scientific theory is not a hypothesis.

Yeah the mind that that is closed to heart can only see heart as a mechanical pump - that is the way it thinks. That mind tends to think of itself as a master of the universe but, in being closed to the essence of the universe, it probably isn't such a great master after all. But, hey, enjoy its rewards that's not a problem - but it will keep keep one in ignorance of the treasures of the heart. And, yeah that same mind will call anything that is a threat to it's dominion crazy or unscientific or loco or nonsense or lacking evidence or whatever - that's just the way it is. If that's the way you want to live, then great - but to insist that others cannot and have not opened to an awareness of heart beyond just a pump, on the basis that that you are unwilling to be even remotely open...well, your choice, but not for me thanks.
Is that taken from He-Man?

Yeah the mind that that is closed to heart can only see heart as a mechanical pump - that is the way it thinks. That mind tends to think of itself as a master of the universe but, in being closed to the essence of the universe, it probably isn't such a great master after all. But, hey, enjoy its rewards that's not a problem - but it will keep keep one in ignorance of the treasures of the heart. And, yeah that same mind will call anything that is a threat to it's dominion crazy or unscientific or loco or nonsense or lacking evidence or whatever - that's just the way it is. If that's the way you want to live, then great - but to insist that others cannot and have not opened to an awareness of heart beyond just a pump, on the basis that that you are unwilling to be even remotely open...well, your choice, but not for me thanks.
What is this "heart" nonsense you speak of?

Blimey...! As I have said to you previously, each to their own, what gives you comfort is your affair, however, your inane rambling and denial regarding the anatomy and physiology of the human body does absolutely zero to further your cause, you call me out for not buying into your religious fantasy, yet deny completely what is clearly a fact regarding the function of both the heart and brain within the body. It is utterly pointless going any further with you on this as you continue to spout stuff that you have made up, whilst denying incontrovertible, empirical evidence.
Yes, you can say heart is a pump but it does not have to be limited to this definition. Anyhow, perhaps one day folk open to an experience that somehow does not fit into their current beliefs and/or ways of thinking. May even find that the experience and the beliefs are not mutually compatible. So what to do then? Wanting to open top the experience again whilst holding onto previous beliefs can experienced as very conflicted. And it may well be that these beliefs/ways of thinking are those that have been learned through, school, church, culture. family, peer groups etc - as unquestionable 'truth'....does one try to hold onto these beliefs so as to 'fit in' or maybe be willing to open more to the experience, whereupon new beliefs might come along that are more in line with the experience. In this way, then yes I do not fit into what many on this thread will think of true beliefs and ways of thinking and so be it. Each to their own but for me to try and fit into what people write here, is a recipe for suffering.

Yes, you can say heart is a pump but it does not have to be limited to this definition. Anyhow, perhaps one day folk open to an experience that somehow does not fit into their current beliefs and/or ways of thinking. May even find that the experience and the beliefs are not mutually compatible. So what to do then? Wanting to open top the experience again whilst holding onto previous beliefs can experienced as very conflicted. And it may well be that these beliefs/ways of thinking are those that have been learned through, school, church, culture. family, peer groups etc - as unquestionable 'truth'....does one try to hold onto these beliefs so as to 'fit in' or maybe be willing to open more to the experience, whereupon new beliefs might come along that are more in line with the experience. In this way, then yes I do not fit into what many on this thread will think of true beliefs and ways of thinking and so be it. Each to their own but for me to try and fit into what people write here, is a recipe for suffering.

I dread to think what people could try to fit you in after this post.

Wibble

Just in

God or gods are a man made phenomenon. God told me that this morning in a vision.

Btw he didn’t have a beard. Just in case anybody thinks he does. Nice shoes, but no beard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.