Excited when they signed but turned out to be rubbish

David Seaman. When an outfield player’s legs go then it’s game over but you’d think a goalie would get away with it.

Apparently not.

An Aussie lad called Simon something was said to be great. Five minutes in a friendly at Halifax showed otherwise.

I remember us signing Bobby Shinton and thinking that he could be a good buy. After all, he'd been decent for Wrexham. Yes, I did say Wrexham. He had a strike rate of just under one in three. Not too bad for a midfielder back in the days of Fred and Wilma Flinstone.

He made 5 appearances for us.

Djamel Belmadi was signed on loan by KK in 2003 to hopefully succeed his fellow Algerian countryman, maestro Ali Benarbia. I got wind of him being a really good midfielder so my mate and I went to Sheff Wednesday to watch him in a reserve match. Turned out his promise was just false promise and a few games later he went back to his loan club.

Christian Negouai. I remember Keegan stating that he was the next Patrick Vieira. Looked the part size wise, got sent off at Blackburn in the League Cup, announced he didn’t play on a Sunday for religious reasons, got injured and then left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.