Expectation of Aguero.

Walkbustaxi said:
Challenger1978 said:
Has Sergio got any kids yet ?

As i'm just thinking a mixture of Maradona and Aguero DNA and our shit hot training ground that going to be built and we could create the greatest player the world has ever seen.
XRL6G.jpg

Sent from my thingymajig using Tippytappy

PMSL can you just imagine that kid though having a kick about in the park with that lot in a couple of years time.

Fuck.

T_Bone said:
I'll not be happy with anything less than 100 goals!

I didn't expect him to score as many as he did last season. If he scores anything like it next term then we've got ourselves a consistent and fucking awesome striker. He has, however, been the factor of a lot of arguments between myself and Miss Bone. She loves him. And we keep arguing about it. There is no way she loves him as much as me.

Wholly unrealistic! Let's settle for just creeping past Dixie Dean's record!!

My only expectation of Aguero and Silva for that matter is that they learn the lingo like everyone else has.

Fast forward a few years and can't wait for Kompanys and Zabaletas full on Manc accents when being interviewed after winning the Champions League yet again with Silvas and Aguero not far behind, dropping aitches, tees an all that.

We might not have any Mancs in the team but it shouldn't stop the team becoming Mancs!

Sent from my thingymajig using Tippytappy

PeterPanBlue said:
Having watched him in La Liga, I expected him to be good but he exceeded my expectations.
I agree. If one had transposed his la liga scoring to the Prem. You would have expected about 20 goals for the season. But then again, some of the defending in the prem can be down right atrocious. So I thought he'd score 25, he ended up with 30. I'm impressed. Still think he could do better though. ANd so can out team.

BUt to be fair, I am expecting him to score about the same as last year. But in fewer games and fewer minutes and with fewer misses. Meaning, more rotation, and an attack that is potent at all times. Not just some of the time. Like we were last season. Still think we need that cutting edge "attack a defender with pace skill and acceleration" type player, to maximize the playing talents of what we have assembled. SIlva, Nasri, Aguero and to a lesser extent Tevez are just not that type of player.

Hazard, Robben, the French dude at Bayern (name escapes me now), Lavezzi, even Bale (albeit he uses pace more than skill) are example of those types.

Watched him many times with Athletico over the previous couple of seasons when people were getting excited about his performances.Must admit that initially I was not a great fan and whilst he scored fabulous goals in some games he seemed to lose his way in many others.When City were initially linked with him I also thought that he may not be strong enough to hack it in the EPL.
However in his last season with Athletico he became stronger and his football brain improved.
Expected 20 plus goals in first season for City and for the coming season we shall see!

Helluva player and can only get better.Opportunity to be one of the greats.

I expected 30 goals from Aguero in all competitions and him scoring the goal that won the title in the third minute of injury time on the last day of the season. I wonder what betfred would have paid out on this? Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

30 goals for him for the upcoming season, when he signed I thought he'd muster 15 goals or so in the league but I'm glad he's hit the ground running (especially for our success) and you would constantly hear about his transfer fee.

if he stays for the next few years i suspect we'll start seeing 50 in all comps.

i reckon he's got one or two golden boots coming his way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.