Expectations/Targets for next season???

Target - retain the league, group stages at least in CL.

I will of course be disappointed if we don't win the league again, but not distraught. It's going to be tougher, not easier, next time around imho.

Fight for the title, good run in the champions league and at least 1 trophy. If bobby is allowed to shop big then 1 trophy minimum!

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Just wondering what do we think is our target for next season? And what the Sheikh/clubs target will be? Going to be difficult to top this season.
For every single season forevermore out targets will never change.

1. Challenge for the Premier League title
(we will not win it every year and shouldn't expect to but we should aim to)

2. Get as far as we can in the Champions League
(it took Barcelona 40 years to win their first and another 14 years to win it again, it took Chelsea eight years of getting to semi's and finals to win their first; we shouldn't expect to win it. Also SWP's back pointed out in another thread that Chelsea earnt £27m in last seasons Champions League - they got to the ¼s - and won £33m for winning it last night. Hardly any difference.)

3. Any domestic cup wins will be a great day out and a great bonus to add the the trophy cabinet.

There will be years where we win nowt. If this happens we should not panic and sack Mancini, he should be allowed the opportunity to show how he can bounce back from that. Real Madrid and Barcelona have gone three years at a time, in recent history, without winning a trophy. It happens, we should not flap if it happens to us. We should just put plans in place to challenge for them after any drought.

I'm 30. If I get to see City become the third most successfull English club side (Arsenal have 12 league titles), win even one European Cup and win the odd domestic cup every three or so years...then I will die a happy man and City will be one the very great clubs of England.

danburge82 said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Just wondering what do we think is our target for next season? And what the Sheikh/clubs target will be? Going to be difficult to top this season.
For every single season forevermore out targets will never change.

1. Challenge for the Premier League title
(we will not win it every year and shouldn't expect to but we should aim to)

2. Get as far as we can in the Champions League
(it took Barcelona 40 years to win their first and another 14 years to win it again, it took Chelsea eight years of getting to semi's and finals to win their first; we shouldn't expect to win it. Also SWP's back pointed out in another thread that Chelsea earnt £27m in last seasons Champions League - they got to the ¼s - and won £33m for winning it last night. Hardly any difference.)

3. Any domestic cup wins will be a great day out and a great bonus to add the the trophy cabinet.

There will be years where we win nowt. If this happens we should not panic and sack Mancini, he should be allowed the opportunity to show how he can bounce back from that. Real Madrid and Barcelona have gone three years at a time, in recent history, without winning a trophy. It happens, we should not flap if it happens to us. We should just put plans in place to challenge for them after any drought.

I'm 30. If I get to see City become the third most successfull English club side (Arsenal have 12 league titles), win even one European Cup and win the odd domestic cup every three or so years...then I will die a happy man and City will be one the very great clubs of England.

They already are imo.

Etchy said:
Community shield and the carling cup... just so i can say i've seen city win everything domestically :)
Should have had that this season. It still annoys me that that pub side (ably assisted by Phil ''the ****'' Dowd) knocked us out in the s/f. Have to make do with finishing as champions, I suppose!

Remain as Champions for as long as possible preferably winning with few games to go so we can have few party weekends also keep rags trophyless

jimharri said:
Etchy said:
Community shield and the carling cup... just so i can say i've seen city win everything domestically :)
Should have had that this season. It still annoys me that that pub side (ably assisted by Phil ''the ****'' Dowd) knocked us out in the s/f. Have to make do with finishing as champions, I suppose!
The only thing I was disappointed with this season was the Carling Cup. Shit turn out in the stands, shit atmosphere from those who did turn up, and a gutless performance against the worst Liverpool side since the early 1960's. I was angry about that night up until we won 1-6 at Norwich. I seemed to cheer up after that with it being my 30th bday weekend and we could smell the title again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.