Expectations/Targets for next season???

Win Charity Shield
Win Carling Cup
Retain PL title
Get out of group stages in CL
Good run in FA Cup

Challenger1978 said:
peoffrey said:
I'd rather not risk key players in Carling Cup matches. I know we'd have killed for it 5 years ago - but Liverpool's trophy should be the least of our worries.

IMO we should try to win everything, but if we have to our priorities should be in this order :-

Premier League,
Champions League,
Fa Cup,
Carling Cup,

Happy with that.

Win the charity shield
Retain the premier league
Couldn't care less about the league cup
Good run in the FA Cup
Quarters in the champions league

If we do a Chelsea but finish 2nd I'd be a very happy man. Imagine how you would feel calling yourselves champions of Europe. It's got to be Mancinis next target.

Stoned Rose said:
Retain the premiership.

Qualify for the CL for the financial / status aspect.

As a football competition the CL is in my opinion quite silly. We've just had the 2nd best team in Germany totally outplay the 6th best in England only to lose on penalties.

Liverpool won it the year they were only 5th best in England.

Chelsea failed to win it in previous years when they had a much better team than they do today.

It's daft and in that context not particularly meaningful. Essential to be in it though.

I'd agree with this.

Despite their excellent win Chelsea can hardly call themselves the best team in Europe when they aren't even the best team in their own country (or city).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.