Expected attendance for villa - LC 28,015 - confirmed

Re: Expected attendance for villa - LC

kippaxchris said:
salfordblues said:
Fairly low, tickets aren't too cheap.

22.50 and 17.50 is really cheap! Its a tenner to go watch Droylsden

eh?

Didsbury Dave said:
All this 'could've got 40 k' stuff, is fantasy land. Go and look at the stats site on here. Pick any season in the modern era and look at the early rounds of the league cup. Look at the attendance and look at our average league attendance for that season. You'll find a figure in the region of 50%, deviating up or down a bit according to the calibre of opposition.

And back in the 70s and 80s it cost hardly anything to get in. It wasn't on telly and teams played full strength.

It's by and large the same with any club of a similar standing to us too. So I expect 24k and i bet I'm not far wrong. If you do a 'kids for a quid' or dirt cheap ticket gimmick you might put 3 or 4k on the gate but it won't have that much of an impact.

Correct, there wouldn't be 40k in there if they opened the gates and let everyone in free (not the best phrase to use at the moment I know) - lots are just not interested in the league cup.
Don't think we would sell out for the final either.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I don't think there will ever be a day when we don't sell out a final!

How many turned up for the home semi last year a few miles down the road for most?
Also struggled (although I think we sold out) for the semi against united.

We would get more tickets for the league cup than for the FA cup at wembley - I can't see us taking 30k down to London for a league cup game, final or not.

117 M34 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I don't think there will ever be a day when we don't sell out a final!

How many turned up for the home semi last year a few miles down the road for most?
Also struggled (although I think we sold out) for the semi against united.

We would get more tickets for the league cup than for the FA cup at wembley - I can't see us taking 30k down to London for a league cup game, final or not.

I think we are many finals away from not selling an allocation for wembley.

We didn't sell out reading at home in qf of Fa cup but I seem to remember wembley selling out to ST holders with around 3000 points. I am sure we could have sold 60000 for that final.

Someone just told me on Twitter (not sure if he posts here?) that you can get tickets for this game for £6 from MMU student union shop with no student ID needed. I've paid cup scheme price but for those whinging about prices, how about trying that? :P

Dont get to enough games because of work committments / family

Made sure i am at home this week so got me a ticket - dont give a fuck if i am the only one there or if they were £30 i would still go

Appreciate others are in a very different position

Anyway maybe 25K

28k. That is a big increase on previous seasons and ticket prices are higher than in previous seasons. And we have the Champions League games which drain fans pockets.

Arsenal will have the biggest crowd of the round followed by Utd then Chelsea then City

Light rain shower Tuesday night.

Could be wet for those walking home this evening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.