Expected attendance for villa - LC 28,015 - confirmed

Re: Expected attendance for villa - LC

Didsbury Dave said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
cyberblue said:
God forbid if any "plastic fans" "day trippers" "glory hunters" turn up for this one or is it ok as we wont get a full house

Real Madrid midweek at home will be sold out simples, with kids in attendance, so.........why can't Villa at home in the League cup be sold out......all the reasons that are trotted out work commitments, midweek game for kids, everyone having no brass. I welcome the influx of new fans as in 1977 I was one as well, so welcome to one and all.

Oh God, I had a feeling all this uber-fan shite would appear on this thread.

In what universe do you live where our reserves against Villa in the first round of the carling cup is as attractive as Real Madrid in the Champions LEague? I'll be at the Villa game but I wouldnt be hugely arsed if I missed it. If something important comes up I might even not bother when push comes to shove. I've done that in this trophy and the Europa league before. It's a nothing game, a kickabout by both team's fringe players in a trophy even the managers aren't hugely arsed about. The Real Madrid game is enormous and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

City, and all premier league clubs, have always got half a crowd for these games. This goes back to the Mercer era, the last great side we had. This applies to all clubs and always has done, even when admission prices were pennies.

Why on earth should this particular game be any different?

If I wasn't on the cup scheme I wouldn't be bothering. That's why I joined it to kick my arse into going. In reality it's an uninspiring match against a team we play all the time. It might even have been more attractive if it were against lower league opposition.

Looking at the OS, looks like the attendance will be around 15-20k.

The Ox said:
You've got to laugh at some of our support when it comes to games like this, every fucker wants Rag, Arse, Dippers, Semis and Final tickets yet they don't want to put the effort or expense to watch OUR team against another Prem team in the 3rd round of the League Cup. I go to the games to watch City no matter who they are playing and that's why I'm committed to the Cup Schemes. These same fans who think £17.50 or £22.50 is a rip off will be the first ones to complain that they haven't got the points for a £50 ticket should we get to Final. Don't complain that you can't get tickets for Prem games when you can still watch the lads for half the cost in a Cup game. It's games like these where non cardholders should grab the opportunity to support the team and boost their points total as well as bringing the next generation for less than a packet of fags ! CTID no matter who we are playing.

Absolutely spot on.

I'm not having a go at those who don't want to go to these games, each to his own.

But when people come on here and complain that they can't get a ticket for Ajax or another big game towards the end of season, it's suprising how few of them make these early round cup games.

I believe over 35,000 will turn up which is good by any teams standards.

salfordblues said:
The Ox said:
You've got to laugh at some of our support when it comes to games like this, every fucker wants Rag, Arse, Dippers, Semis and Final tickets yet they don't want to put the effort or expense to watch OUR team against another Prem team in the 3rd round of the League Cup. I go to the games to watch City no matter who they are playing and that's why I'm committed to the Cup Schemes. These same fans who think £17.50 or £22.50 is a rip off will be the first ones to complain that they haven't got the points for a £50 ticket should we get to Final. Don't complain that you can't get tickets for Prem games when you can still watch the lads for half the cost in a Cup game. It's games like these where non cardholders should grab the opportunity to support the team and boost their points total as well as bringing the next generation for less than a packet of fags ! CTID no matter who we are playing.

Absolutely spot on.

I'm not having a go at those who don't want to go to these games, each to his own.

But when people come on here and complain that they can't get a ticket for Ajax or another big game towards the end of season, it's suprising how few of them make these early round cup games.
why is it surprising that there is more demand for big games than small games?

It's always been like that and always will be. For every diehard 'I never miss a game' fan of every club are twenty who go when they feel like it. Big deal.

Anyone know where I can watch the game on TV in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia?
PS - I would be at the game if I was in Manchester

city never have any imagination with prices for this competition, it seems that we are happy to close the 3rd tiers before even seeing what demand is.

if arsenal charge 10 pounds all the way through the competition, the why non season ticket holders are being charged over double that seems bizarre.

i shall be there, and travelling a long way to do it, but i wouldn't knock families etc sacking this one, 50/60 quid for a family to watch reserves is way too much on the back of other games.

i think the club are happy to get 25000 paying 20 quid average, dissapointing but true in my opinion.

fathellensbellend said:
city never have any imagination with prices for this competition, it seems that we are happy to close the 3rd tiers before even seeing what demand is.

if arsenal charge 10 pounds all the way through the competition, the why non season ticket holders are being charged over double that seems bizarre.

i shall be there, and travelling a long way to do it, but i wouldn't knock families etc sacking this one, 50/60 quid for a family to watch reserves is way too much on the back of other games.

i think the club are happy to get 25000 paying 20 quid average, dissapointing but true in my opinion.

If you are going to slate the club at least get the whole facts in there.It isn't just City who have set these prices or have zero idea.It is consultation between both clubs.City may have wanted cheaper pricing but Villa may have said no.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
fathellensbellend said:

If you are going to slate the club at least get the whole facts in there.It isn't just City who have set these prices or have zero idea.It is consultation between both clubs.City may have wanted cheaper pricing but Villa may have said no.

well considering they charged 12 quid for the previous round i think villa know the score. Also less than 2 years ago what was the gate for the fa cup 5th round a whopping 25000.

like i said shit imagination, and both clubs to blame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.