Expected attendance for villa - LC 28,015 - confirmed

Re: Expected attendance for villa - LC

blue7071 said:
Mate works in ticket office - 20k sold by this morning and Villa have sold 800

A week to go.I think the attendance will be between 25-30k...A good performance against Madrid and a win at home to the gooners will see a few more thousand on the gate.

You've got to laugh at some of our support when it comes to games like this, every fucker wants Rag, Arse, Dippers, Semis and Final tickets yet they don't want to put the effort or expense to watch OUR team against another Prem team in the 3rd round of the League Cup. I go to the games to watch City no matter who they are playing and that's why I'm committed to the Cup Schemes. These same fans who think £17.50 or £22.50 is a rip off will be the first ones to complain that they haven't got the points for a £50 ticket should we get to Final. Don't complain that you can't get tickets for Prem games when you can still watch the lads for half the cost in a Cup game. It's games like these where non cardholders should grab the opportunity to support the team and boost their points total as well as bringing the next generation for less than a packet of fags ! CTID no matter who we are playing.

The Ox said:
You've got to laugh at some of our support when it comes to games like this, every fucker wants Rag, Arse, Dippers, Semis and Final tickets yet they don't want to put the effort or expense to watch OUR team against another Prem team in the 3rd round of the League Cup. I go to the games to watch City no matter who they are playing and that's why I'm committed to the Cup Schemes. These same fans who think £17.50 or £22.50 is a rip off will be the first ones to complain that they haven't got the points for a £50 ticket should we get to Final. Don't complain that you can't get tickets for Prem games when you can still watch the lads for half the cost in a Cup game. It's games like these where non cardholders should grab the opportunity to support the team and boost their points total as well as bringing the next generation for less than a packet of fags ! CTID no matter who we are playing.

Fantastic post blue...My sentiments exactly. They complain about not getting the big tickets to the away games because of a lack of loyalty points yet then complain that £22.50 (if not on the cup scheme) is extortion!! YCNMIU.

I love these games and the only time I would miss is if my shift didn't allow. I have actually booked 2 hrs to finish at 7 so I can get down to the game.

CC1 said:
Why Always Ste said:
LoveCity said:
Only £2.50 more in the cup scheme and under 16s only have to pay £5 on or off the cup scheme. Got no real problem with these ticket prices, in the Financial Fair Play climate how low can they go with ticket prices? I don't think there will ever be another Hamburg. The rags are charging £40+ for home and away fans for their Newcastle LC game.

How many irregular matchgoers do you know who are in Cup Schemes?

Most scheme members I'm aware of out of the 150+ members of our Branch are also SC holders.

I just think the LC should be reduced alot, maybe even free or something. Now we're in the ECL, regular matchgoers are getting fleeced even more.[/quote]

You must be joking. How can a club operate under those conditions. Our tickets are one of the cheapest for the calibre of the team. It's still a business that has to pay ...... You probably would be the first to be complaining if the team was poor. You want a great team and free tickets???

Whoa time out, I'm in every cup scheme and for many years I've gone and watched most if not all of the early round league cup games.
I enjoy watching the fringe players.

If I didn't wanna pay I wouldn't do this would I?

My suggestion was now we are in the ECL, we as Blues have never season after season had to endure rip-off flights/hotels in europe for a large chunk of the football calendar.
Now we are doing - my suggestion is that the League cup has taken a back seat, this is reflected in the attendance figures as many matchgoers have to make cut backs elsewhere.

So we either get a full house on £10 tickets, with kids a quid or something, Arsenal did something similar against us in this competition, cheap tickets, they will make the money back on the sale of beer.

Or we charge £17 and the stadium is half empty, dull miserable night with demotivated players.

Makes business sense to go with the first option, lower the tickets, introduce an incentive for kids to come, and get the place packed, probably with many first timers who will then in turn demand tickets in the future which are £40-£50

Why Always Ste said:
CC1 said:

How many irregular matchgoers do you know who are in Cup Schemes?

Most scheme members I'm aware of out of the 150+ members of our Branch are also SC holders.

I just think the LC should be reduced alot, maybe even free or something. Now we're in the ECL, regular matchgoers are getting fleeced even more.[/quote]

You must be joking. How can a club operate under those conditions. Our tickets are one of the cheapest for the calibre of the team. It's still a business that has to pay ...... You probably would be the first to be complaining if the team was poor. You want a great team and free tickets???

Whoa time out, I'm in every cup scheme and for many years I've gone and watched most if not all of the early round league cup games.
I enjoy watching the fringe players.

If I didn't wanna pay I wouldn't do this would I?

My suggestion was now we are in the ECL, we as Blues have never season after season had to endure rip-off flights/hotels in europe for a large chunk of the football calendar.
Now we are doing - my suggestion is that the League cup has taken a back seat, this is reflected in the attendance figures as many matchgoers have to make cut backs elsewhere.

So we either get a full house on £10 tickets, with kids a quid or something, Arsenal did something similar against us in this competition, cheap tickets, they will make the money back on the sale of beer.

Or we charge £17 and the stadium is half empty, dull miserable night with demotivated players.

Makes business sense to go with the first option, lower the tickets, introduce an incentive for kids to come, and get the place packed, probably with many first timers who will then in turn demand tickets in the future which are £40-£50

How many times pal-It may have been villa who said no to cheaper pricing. £17.50 is fucking dirt cheap to watch the champions. end of

The Ox said:

I see where you are coming from, but I can also see that times are hard, midweek school night angle. I can't make it but my lad is going in my place as I've signed up to all the cup schemes, which hopefully will be rewarded if we make cup semi's and finals later on this season. But if not we've still got some fantastic sides in Europe coming to our place, which takes me back to the 70's with Peter Barnes destroying AC Milan at Maine Road.

They need to lower the ticket prices for these games, first stage of the league cup at home to villa and its £22.50 a ticket, should be £5 for kids and £10 for adults.

As mentioned above for people complaining about the prices for this game, the TWO clubs decide the prices not City, remember the F.A Cup game and the prices for that one, the vermin would not let us reduce it as i believe the away team are due a 45% split for domestic cup games. For all we now City might have suggested to Villa that we should charge a tenner but if they say no there is not a lot you can do about it.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 pm --<br /><br />The prices the filth are charging for the Newcastle game are between £30 and £52 for adults, in comparison £22.50 is a bargain.

United with their inflated ticket prices having trouble too. Green = loads available, yellow = limited, red = none BUT notice how the third tier is red, just like our third tier blocks I'm pretty sure they haven't opened them online yet to try and sell lower tiers (since they are priority areas).

2nq9kxc.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.