Extreme day trips

Not a day trip but a few years ago I back to Manchester (via London) from Toronto on a Friday night and then back again on the Monday in order to go into work on Tuesday morning.
About 16hrs of flying, 8 hrs of hanging around airports, 3 hrs of driving to and from airports and ten hours of time changes.
Sat in the Maine stand and looked across at an empty Kipax while we got battered by some cunts.
Never again. Not sure I ever fully recovered.
Although I did get to have a few pints with my Grandad in the Phoenix in newton Heath.

Not a day trip but a few years ago I back to Manchester (via London) from Toronto on a Friday night and then back again on the Monday in order to go into work on Tuesday morning.
About 16hrs of flying, 8 hrs of hanging around airports, 3 hrs of driving to and from airports and ten hours of time changes.
Sat in the Maine stand and looked across at an empty Kipax while we got battered by some cunts.
Never again. Not sure I ever fully recovered.
Although I did get to have a few pints with my Grandad in the Phoenix in newton Heath.

Now that's a journey and a half.

Seems like a day of admin/logistics. Is that part of the ‘fun’? It’s the kinda thing we did when I was in the army. Total fuck on for a funny story. Zero fun just knackered at the end of it.
Well i live 15 mins from the airport so that will be easy enough. Just over an hour flight and then a 40 min bus ride into brussels at the other end. The logistics seem quite easy?

Well i live 15 mins from the airport so that will be easy enough. Just over an hour flight and then a 40 min bus ride into brussels at the other end. The logistics seem quite easy?
Do you have to be at the airport a set amount of time before the flight?
Any time we fly we have to be there 3 hrs before.

Anyone ever done something like this?
Me, mrs, 2 kids have just booked a day out in Brussells in oct, fly out at 7.30am, fly back at 9.30pm. £93 total!

Got our eye on Cork too.

Something different and time will tell if its worth it or a knackering ball ache
Yes we do it all the time ,came back yesterday from a few days in Lille via there,

Just remember you are going into CRL which is about 40 miles from Brussels,
Book your bus on fibco before you go ,right outside the airport pick up .
Do not go into Charleroi as it's a complete shit hole as is Brussels bar the grand place square .

It's usually £15 each way to Charleroi most days ,would recommend Bruges ghent or Antwerp fantastic cities .

Yes we do it all the time ,came back yesterday from a few days in Lille via there,

Just remember you are going into CRL which is about 40 miles from Brussels,
Book your bus on fibco before you go ,right outside the airport pick up .
Do not go into Charleroi as it's a complete shit hole as is Brussels bar the grand place square .

It's usually £15 each way to Charleroi most days ,would recommend Bruges ghent or Antwerp fantastic cities .
Yeah sounds like what we have planned

Last time i was in brussells was for when we played lokeren, which was utter carnage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.