Extreme day trips

Yeah sounds like what we have planned
We are toying with bruges instead
Fantastic city ,all have cheap ibis hotels to stay ,it will be too much to do in one day tho ,
We regularly go to cork and Dublin for day trips that's gone up now to about £25 used to be about £8 return.
Based on nothing but time do Ghent as it's about 30 mins nearer to the airport , absolutely fantastic city

Not as bad.
We've already decided that if we go anywhere in Europe again we will fly out of Manc or London.
Last time I was over we went to Dublin and Galway for three nights.
Ive said its not worth going any where for a day that is more than an hour ish other wise spending all day in airports and planes

We are giving it a go.
Itll work, or it wont.

No harm in trying.

Done Sweden in a day, that was a ball ache really, only got a couple of hours before having to think about flying back. Belgium will be a doddle, you'll have at least 6 hours of fun fun fun...not sure I could stand Brussels for 6 hours but hey...

Cork will be easy as well, Kinsale, Blarney Stone etc etc to visit, but it's a long time unless you are thinking of getting pissed in the Welcome Inn...

Still, don't let anyone piss on your chips, it's an adventure!

Anyone ever done something like this?
Me, mrs, 2 kids have just booked a day out in Brussells in oct, fly out at 7.30am, fly back at 9.30pm. £93 total!

Got our eye on Cork too.

Something different and time will tell if its worth it or a knackering ball ache
Only the fights are £93
You also have the costs of...
Transport to, or parking at, the departure airport
Transport from destination airport to the city you're visiting and the return back

And then the meal planning with two kids is going to be a logistical nightmare

Nearest to that I’ve done is a day in Edinburgh (from Warrington).

Got there about 10.15am and left for Warrington about 7pm. Those were direct trains but were later ones back if you were happy to to change. Was during the festival. Had a good day tbh.

Only the fights are £93
You also have the costs of...
Transport to, or parking at, the departure airport
Transport from destination airport to the city you're visiting and the return back

And then the meal planning with two kids is going to be a logistical nightmare
Ive said its not worth going any where for a day that is more than an hour ish other wise spending all day in airports and planes
If you need any help DM me we do that run about 6 times a year ,also cork and Dublin for brunch about 6 times a year

Anyone ever done something like this?
Me, mrs, 2 kids have just booked a day out in Brussells in oct, fly out at 7.30am, fly back at 9.30pm. £93 total!

Got our eye on Cork too.

Something different and time will tell if its worth it or a knackering ball ache
What about Newquay, Edinburgh, Inverness etc etc...all fly from Manchester.

If you need any help DM me we do that run about 6 times a year ,also cork and Dublin for brunch about 6 times a year
My job is loosely related to the UK tourist industry, and I get to visit some beautiful places
As an example, tomorrow I'll be in Alnwick
The last thing I want to be doing is travelling to Ireland for a bacon buttie

My job is loosely related to the UK tourist industry, and I get to visit some beautiful places
As an example, tomorrow I'll be in Alnwick
The last thing I want to be doing is travelling to Ireland for a bacon buttie
You have access to duty free same as if yo go to the Maldives :+)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.