Ezequiel Lavezzi

saw quite a lot of him last year(a dozen games or so). Shockingly inconsistant, meandered from genius to baffoon (sometimes withing 45 mins) and back again all too frequently for him to be considered a serious EPL prospect. Worth maybe a £10M punt at best and then only if more serious targets cannot be secured.

From what i've seen he's kind of like a slightly higher class Bellamy (to use a player people will know).

Best on the counter attack, running with the ball.

However, he can be quite wasteful also, not a great finisher or passer, his game is more based on high energy and directness. A bit kind of 'head down and run' although he's more skillful than Bellamy was.

Personally i'm not a huge fan of that kind of player, but i think he could be quite well suited to English football, not sure i'd want to be relying on him to replace Tevez though.

Mancio said:
LoveCity said:
MANCHESTER City are planning a £27m bid for Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Carlos Tevez last night stunned Manchester City by insisting he wants to quit the club.

It means Roberto Mancini will have to move quickly if he wants to replace Tevez.

Ezequiel Lavezzi, 26, is valued at £27million by his Italian club Napoli and as we exclusively revealed last month that City have already held talks about bringing him to Manchester.

As a young player in Argentina, he was hailed as “the new Diego Maradona” because of his skill and chunky build.

But Lavezzi responded to that by stating: “I am not the new Maradona – I am more like Tevez.”

Lavezzi also interests Tottenham and has been linked with Champions League winners Barcelona.

The Argentine international joined Napoli for £6m from San Lorenzo in his home country.

City were originally eyeing Lavezzi’s Napoli striker partner Edinson Cavani – but he has signed a new contract with the Serie A club.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/199422/Man-City-offer-27m-for-Ezequiel-Lavezzi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... l-Lavezzi/</a>

27M is not a bid . its his release clause.

and , by the way , lot of people here are seriously underrating this guy
He is pretty good. But I'd rather have Aguero.

Oh I forgot summer hols brings the football manager crowd out.

He puts his head down and runs fast then loses the ball.no consistent end product.

But because he's great on FIFA you want him for millions.

Adam Johnson is better than him and he was average this year.

Lavezzi is very very underated, especially on here. He's a very good player, but what some of you aren't mentioning is that he's not an out and out striker, he plays on the wing and creates goals. He's more like a Sanchez or a Nani than a Tevez or an Aguero.
As i said, if we can get Lavezzi, not in replacement for Tevez, but as a 4th choice striker after someone like Aguero, I'd me absolutely made up. He is definitely a useful player and is regarded by many as the heartbeat of the Napoli team, even ahead of the likes of Cavani and Hamsik. When Lavezzi got injured towards the last quarter of last season Napoli were not the same team.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:16 am --<br /><br />
Thaksinssoldier said:

He puts his head down and runs fast then loses the ball.no consistent end product.

Comparing Adam Johnson to Lavezzi is like comparing Nasri to Hulk, because they are two totally different style of players. Lavezzi is more like Tevez, although he isn't a goalscorer or a striker.

Thaksinssoldier said:
I don't see any end product from lavezzi or see him as a striker either.

Really? 12 assists in Serie A last season, if he'd replicate that in the Premier League he'd be in the top four on the assists table. He was really poor end product-wise for Argentina the other day but can do better than that.

Still, would not pay close to 27m for him, but if we did sign him I see him more of a right winger/right forward than a "striker".

Thaksinssoldier said:

I'd have to disagree with AJ being better than him. Lavezzi is faster, stronger on the ball, a better crosser with both feet, and tougher to dislodge off the ball and he is as tricky as AJ with the ball. He is really kinda like Tevez with less of a goalscoring knack. AJ is a better shooter and does the legover better.

citizens_1976 said:
Lavezzi is very very underated, especially on here. He's a very good player, but what some of you aren't mentioning is that he's not an out and out striker, he plays on the wing and creates goals. He's more like a Sanchez or a Nani than a Tevez or an Aguero.
As i said, if we can get Lavezzi, not in replacement for Tevez, but as a 4th choice striker after someone like Aguero, I'd me absolutely made up. He is definitely a useful player and is regarded by many as the heartbeat of the Napoli team, even ahead of the likes of Cavani and Hamsik. When Lavezzi got injured towards the last quarter of last season Napoli were not the same team.

-- Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:16 am --

Thaksinssoldier said:

Comparing Adam Johnson to Lavezzi is like comparing Nasri to Hulk, because they are two totally different style of players. Lavezzi is more like Tevez, although he isn't a goalscorer or a striker.
I take it he has a strangely shaped head, then.

He's more like Bellamy than Tevez to me, I'm not sure why he is cited as a like-for-like even by himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.