Ezequiel Lavezzi

Tez Tosterone said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Lavezzi has just 37 goals in 146 games for Napoli. Tevez went on a run where he got that many goals in about 40-45 games.

I would cry if Mancini thinks Lavezzi can replace Tevez.

WARNING! Mancini rated JO............................

No he didn't.

Yes he did - and why the hell else was he constantly picking him at the start of the Season? I'll dig out the quotes from Mancini to prove it, but its common knowledge he chose him over Bellamy anyway.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 am --<br /><br />
Tez Tosterone said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Lavezzi has just 37 goals in 146 games for Napoli. Tevez went on a run where he got that many goals in about 40-45 games.

I would cry if Mancini thinks Lavezzi can replace Tevez.

No he didn't.

He, Mancini, most certainly did.
TRY THIS : Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini confident Jo can fill void ...

10 Sep 2010 ... Roberto Mancini has insisted he has complete faith in Jo, the much-maligned
Manchester City forward, after being left without £90 million ...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/7995452/Manchester-City-manager-Roberto-Mancini-confident-Jo-can-fill-void.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/team ... -void.html</a>

Don't bother.

In the meantime, unless we are more serious about Nasri following Manure's rejected opening bid of £20m, then I would put my faith in Mancini if he thinks that Lavezzi would make a significant difference in strengthening the squad.

My feeling is that by Monday we will have a much clearer picture of what our absolute priority is.

He's an alternative to Sanchez, not Tevez, not much between him and Sanchez other than the fact that Sanchez has been overhyped, neither are worth any more than £15m.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Tez Tosterone said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

No he didn't.

Yes he did - and why the hell else was he constantly picking him at the start of the Season? I'll dig out the quotes from Mancini to prove it, but its common knowledge he chose him over Bellamy anyway.

-- Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 am --

Tez Tosterone said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

No he didn't.

He, Mancini, most certainly did.
TRY THIS : Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini confident Jo can fill void ...

10 Sep 2010 ... Roberto Mancini has insisted he has complete faith in Jo, the much-maligned
Manchester City forward, after being left without £90 million ...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/7995452/Manchester-City-manager-Roberto-Mancini-confident-Jo-can-fill-void.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -void.html</a>
TBH, Mancini wouldn't have come out and publicly said that Jo's shit thus destroying his confidence further. What Mancini did say was that he had faith in Jo because Jo caused Inter no manna of problems when he played against them for CSKA (or whoever it was he played for) in the Champions League.

During last pre-season all prejudices aside, Jo was surprisingly our best and most effective forward throughout pre-season, it was just a shame that once the real-season started that he reverted to type! :-(

I think the fact that Jo barely made the squad never mind the first team in the second half of the season when we were struggling squad-wise shows ultimately what Mancini thinks of him and where his future lies in the bigger picture.

As reported on Goal this morning:
Argentina failed to score against Columbia last night in the Copa America.
Unfortunately lavezzi got "flop of the match" again, Goal link below:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/match/54116/argentina-vs-colombia/player-ratings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/match/54116/arge ... er-ratings</a>
Player ratings relevant to us are:
Pablo Zabaleta Caught out of position on a few occasions, and let Moreno and Armero go past him easily a couple of times. Had one good run in the first half to show for his efforts in attack. 5.5/10 (2nd best Argie defender rating)
Carlos Tevez The Manchester City forward cannot be blamed for lack of effort as he worked really hard for his team. Service was scarce in this game, and he struggled because of that. 6.0/10 (same score as Messi!)
Ezequiel Lavezzi Flop of the match for the second time in less than a week. Wasted Argentina's best chance of the game, and despite his endless running, was largely inefficient. Another horrible outing by the Napoli man. 4.5/10 (slightly higher mark than last match by Goal)
Kun Agüero Gave much needed dynamism to his team's attack, but failed to pull off another super-sub heroics. 6.5/10
Relevant quotes from Goal Match report:
Batista's men rode their luck to a goal-less deadlock...Argentina and Colombia proceeded to play an entertaining first half marked by errors and missed chances...Carlos Tevez shot over after receiving a kind bounce in the area, while Ezequiel Lavezzi was released clean through by Lionel Messi only to find Martinez's legs...Tevez thought that he had earned a spot-kick , for handball which was rejected by the referee...Argentina thought they had taken the lead through Lavezzi, but the linesman's flag was already up when the Napoli man headed agonisingly against the post...The biggest cheer of the evening thus far was reserved for Sergio Aguero, who entered for the again-disappointing Lavezzi with 60 minutes on the clock...A raking pass found Tevez in the box, and Carlitos' shot flashed just over
As I have stated before I dont think that much of Goal.com but it does give a flavour of the game.

That's correct Dribble.

The individual you responded to is probably not a City fan. a cursory look at his postings indicates he is an agent provocateur.

I really hope if we do sign this guy we also sign someone who can score goals.
I'd definitely not be confident going into the champions league with Dzeko and Balotelli who werent great last season and Lavezzi who hardly scores in an easier league.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...-manchester-city-poised-for-samir-nasri-swoop

They (Manchester City) face stiff competition from Chelsea and United for Nasri, but reports that they are in pole position to land Ezequiel Lavezzi, currently playing alongside Tevez in the Copa America, are wide of the mark.

Phew!!! After what I'VE seen of him in the Copa America, I PERSONALLY think he's vastly overrated (Shit)!!! If Mancini has seen something different, then fair do's....

Dribble said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...-manchester-city-poised-for-samir-nasri-swoop

They (Manchester City) face stiff competition from Chelsea and United for Nasri, but reports that they are in pole position to land Ezequiel Lavezzi, currently playing alongside Tevez in the Copa America, are wide of the mark.

Phew!!! After what I'VE seen of him in the Copa America, I PERSONALLY think he's vastly overrated (Shit)!!! If Mancini has seen something different, then fair do's....

if anybody was scouting an Argentine player from the last 2 games they have played all reports would come back "they played like shit" including the likes of tevez and messi lol

leewill31 said:
Dribble said:

if anybody was scouting an Argentine player from the last 2 games they have played all reports would come back "they played like shit" including the likes of tevez and messi lol
Just to refine your statement, during the last 2 Argentina games, the players have struggled to make an impact. Lavezzi just looked shit mate TBH......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.