F1 2024 season

Annoyed thing is, people will look at the result from outside, see Verstappen won and assume it was a dull foregone conclusion. It wasn't. It was what F1 should be. And the best driver/car won. Which is what F1 should be!

Agree it was a quality watch like I posted the others had there chance to win it and made mistakes bottled it at the crucial times..

Annoyed thing is, people will look at the result from outside, see Verstappen won and assume it was a dull foregone conclusion. It wasn't. It was what F1 should be. And the best driver/car won. Which is what F1 should be!

Only people who don’t understand the sport, and their opinions don’t matter.

Montreal is an awesome circuit.

Russell yes but Norris was unfortunate with the safety car, he didn’t “bottle” it at all.

After the safety car he he made a mistake hit the curb lost a place bottom line Verstappen is a far better driver that any other driver out there because Hamilton getting older now reaction slowing, suppose will find out next season when he goes to Ferrari

I only have one thing to add to sum up my mood.

Logan. Fucking. Sargeant.

After the safety car he he made a mistake hit the curb lost a place bottom line Verstappen is a far better driver that any other driver out there because Hamilton getting older now reaction slowing, suppose will find out next season when he goes to Ferrari
Before that safety car he had an 8 second lead. The SC got Verstappen back into contention.

Norris was unfortunate he was where he was on the track when the safety car came into play. The other three cars could dive straight in for fresh rubber whilst Norris had to go round again even with a 20 second gap. He seemed to panic seeing Verstappen go past and it ended up with him spinning the wheels on the wet side of the track losing lots of momentum.

Good race though it’s never dull in Montreal and the European races will be coming thick and fast in the next few weeks.

Totally agree. Except for the best car. RB hasn’t got the best car at the moment. McLaren has more pace for certain. But this is where Verstappen imho opinion is such a great driver. He knows what his car can’t do and than gets the max out of the car (is this why his parents named him Max?). And meanwhile cooling his tires on the wet sides of the track where Russell just stared at the dry slope. The little things that matter.

But this season so far is a lot more fun than the previous two. Definitely.

Before that safety car he had an 8 second lead. The SC got Verstappen back into contention.
I agree that was a fortunate moment in the race. Wasn’t there a second safety car moment with Verstappens lead vanishing? But hey, this is all part of the race. Like when Norris came back on the track and couldn’t get going with Verstappen on the horizon. Simply bad luck or miscalculation by McLaren? No-one wins with a bit of fortune. But 50 wins out of 75 says something about a driver.

I agree that was a fortunate moment in the race. Wasn’t there a second safety car moment with Verstappens lead vanishing? But hey, this is all part of the race. Like when Norris came back on the track and couldn’t get going with Verstappen on the horizon. Simply bad luck or miscalculation by McLaren? No-one wins with a bit of fortune. But 50 wins out of 75 says something about a driver.
Yeah, Adrian Newey knows how to build a car.

I'm not a Max hater, but christ you're making him out to be a revelation! He's the New Vettel; fortunate to have the best car of the past few years, few rivals to pose a challenge. Enjoy it by all means.

When Red Bull get the Ford engines, we'll finally see Max's mettle tested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.