F1 2024 season

Yeah, Adrian Newey knows how to build a car.

I'm not a Max hater, but christ you're making him out to be a revelation! He's the New Vettel; fortunate to have the best car of the past few years, few rivals to pose a challenge. Enjoy it by all means.

When Red Bull get the Ford engines, we'll finally see Max's mettle tested.
I don’t make him a revelation. Stats do. First of all I like F1 because of the racing. Not because the lack of it. And unfortunately the lack of it is increasing.
Yesterday was a breath of fresh air after boring Monaco.
Anyways RB cars don’t dominate today. So now it’s up to the drivers of McLaren, Ferrari and to a lesser stance Mercedes.

I don’t make him a revelation. Stats do. First of all I like F1 because of the racing. Not because the lack of it. And unfortunately the lack of it is increasing.
Yesterday was a breath of fresh air after boring Monaco.
Anyways RB cars don’t dominate today. So now it’s up to the drivers of McLaren, Ferrari and to a lesser stance Mercedes.
All the stats prove is the Red Bull has been the most dominant car of the last 3 years. If anything, the Red Bull isn't as dominant this year because of Verstappen's mistakes. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of his status as super driver. He's good, he's not exceptional. Took him 7 years and a decent car and even then, barely. I rank him alongside Vettel. Can he continue his dominance in a Ford powered RB? We'll see.

Silverstone complaining Verstappen’s dominance is leading to tickets being still available for this years British Grand Prix. They never seemed to have problems selling it out when Mercedes were winning. Maybe they need to look at the £350 general admission ticket which gets you in over 3 days, I remember getting that for £90 in 2010. Yes there is inflation to factor in over time but the costs are getting silly.

Silverstone complaining Verstappen’s dominance is leading to tickets being still available for this years British Grand Prix. They never seemed to have problems selling it out when Mercedes were winning. Maybe they need to look at the £350 general admission ticket which gets you in over 3 days, I remember getting that for £90 in 2010. Yes there is inflation to factor in over time but the costs are getting silly.

A grandstand seat (not covered) at Stowe was about £220 in around 2012.

I'm guessing that's £500+ now then.

For a smidge over £200 you can get the following seats for the Le Mans 24 Hours directly opposite the podium

Screenshot_20240620-152327_LYkwuYEa9R.jpeg

F1 is good fun to go and watch but there's no value in going these days.

For a smidge over £200 you can get the following seats for the Le Mans 24 Hours directly opposite the podium

View attachment 122935

It’s F1 itself that’s driving this, they keep putting their fees up so circuits have to pay more to keep their tracks on the calendar. Hence being passed on to fan in the ticket prices, it’s probably cheaper to fly to Budepest for their GP than it is for a ticket for Silverstone.

View attachment 122935

Verstappen’s dominance? That argument makes no sense whatsoever when this season we’re watching the resurgence of a McLaren team led by the most promising British driver since Hamilton having a serious resurgence after being out in the cold for about 10 years.

Silverstone should be bouncing this year.

As you say, it’s the insane ticket prices that are putting proper fans off.

Missed it live as I was in a beer garden but just watched the qualifying highlights.

Fuck me what a lap from Lando!! GET THE FUCK IN LAD. Just after Max thought he’d aced it and put a gap nobody could reach hahaha.

Let’s have it tomorrow McLaren boys.

Might be the pints talking but supporting McLaren over the last 10 years has been a fucking trudge, since JB retired there’s not been much to sing about but right now it feels a bit like City after the takeover haha. Pure swagger and you can feel the current big boys are beginning to see the powers shifting.

Fuck it I’m saying it. Raw talent, he’s the best driver on the grid right now. Massive massive respect to Lewis for all he’s achieved in the past but right now, Lando Norris is the best on that whole grid. And signing that deal might just have been a master stroke.

Hello hello McLaren are back McLaren are back

Absolutely nothing to do with being greedy cunts and pricing out F1 fans then?

A couple of my mates used to do Silverstone every year but have now been outpriced.

Missed it live as I was in a beer garden but just watched the qualifying highlights.

Fuck me what a lap from Lando!! GET THE FUCK IN LAD. Just after Max thought he’d aced it and put a gap nobody could reach hahaha.

Let’s have it tomorrow McLaren boys.

Might be the pints talking but supporting McLaren over the last 10 years has been a fucking trudge, since JB retired there’s not been much to sing about but right now it feels a bit like City after the takeover haha. Pure swagger and you can feel the current big boys are beginning to see the powers shifting.

Fuck it I’m saying it. Raw talent, he’s the best driver on the grid right now. Massive massive respect to Lewis for all he’s achieved in the past but right now, Lando Norris is the best on that whole grid. And signing that deal might just have been a master stroke.

Hello hello McLaren are back McLaren are back
It's great to see.

We're starting to see RB being pushed. Might be too late this season but opens next year's up nicely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.