F1 2024 season

I thought so - surely if the team had even considered weight there would have been some radio chatter.

I don't see how any of this can be on Russell.

Russell’s engineer will have his eye on the fuel levels and telling him if he has to ease off to conserve fuel. Did Russell making the call to do a one stop race and then the team allowing him and Hamilton race towards the end cause an oversight on fuel?

Russell’s engineer will have his eye on the fuel levels and telling him if he has to ease off to conserve fuel. Did Russell making the call to do a one stop race and then the team allowing him and Hamilton race towards the end cause an oversight on fuel?

The fuel seemed to be there for the sample, and taking it did for the car weight. I think they generally aim to finish just about dry - this time without the extra lap of fuel to potter round waving after the flag.
I can't see Sky not playing a radio message about fuel.

The point about them being allowed to race sounds reasonable, although 1.5 kg of extra fuel sounds (to me anyway) like a lot more than would have been used - I guess if he'd backed off, he'd probably have been third.
No safety cars either to save fuel.

It seems like multiple factors building together into a rules breach.

The fuel seemed to be there for the sample, and taking it did for the car weight. I think they generally aim to finish just about dry - this time without the extra lap of fuel to potter round waving after the flag.
I can't see Sky not playing a radio message about fuel.

The point about them being allowed to race sounds reasonable, although 1.5 kg of extra fuel sounds (to me anyway) like a lot more than would have been used - I guess if he'd backed off, he'd probably have been third.
No safety cars either to save fuel.

It seems like multiple factors building together into a rules breach.

Lots of factors probably in the mix contributing to it, Martin Brundle mentioned in commentary they underfuel in Belgium as they expected to have a safety car which never materialised. I do wonder if Russell had pitted a hard tyre compound might have helped with fuel consumption. He called the audible of staying out and running a one stop which no other team attempted, had the oversight been missed on the number crunching from the race strategists?

Cracking race again today though all in all, who said F1 was boring?

Russell himself might have been a fault for the underweight car. Running the car too hard to make up for the lack of tyre life.

Real signing of intent from Williams this. Very encouraging for them I'd say. They've obviously done a real selling job on him as he wouldn't want to go that far down the grid unless he knew better things were ahead (as a Williams fan you can probably tell this is as much hope rather than expectation!).

Real signing of intent from Williams this. Very encouraging for them I'd say. They've obviously done a real selling job on him as he wouldn't want to go that far down the grid unless he knew better things were ahead (as a Williams fan you can probably tell this is as much hope rather than expectation!).

Wow.

Wonder if they've found a McLaren like renaissance starting next season.

F1 back after the summer break and I thought, seeing it’s a rainy day, I’d switch on and have a look at P3. Seen a huge crash that the driver walked away from and the only other thing of note was MV being a massive **** … again.

Oh, and Sky still being massive MV and RB fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.