F1 Season 2021

Hydrogen is the lightest of the elements, approximately 14 times lighter than air. So even though it is highly flammable, escaped hydrogen (burning or not) dissipates quickly and typically in a narrow column shooting straight up into the atmosphere.
You are correct!

hydrogen-bomb---facebook-and-storysize_647_010616120556.jpg

You are correct!

hydrogen-bomb---facebook-and-storysize_647_010616120556.jpg
The hydrogen bomb has very little to do with FCEV technology, and the only real connection is the word hydrogen. The connection is comparable to how the world around us being consisted of atoms, and the atom bomb having the word atom in it. A better understanding of the technology behind the FCEV and the hydrogen bomb can clear this misunderstanding.

Hydrogen utilized by FCEVs are in the form of hydrogen molecules. Hydrogen gas is pressurized at about 700bar of pressure and stored in a cryogenic tank. To generate torque, gas is fed to a lower-pressure cell and put through an electro-chemical reaction to generate electricity. The safety and reliability of hydrogen fuel tanks concerning their high-pressure storage have been thoroughly engineered and tested, achieving a level of safety similar to that of standard CNG engines, which is the traditional means of engine locomotion.

In the case of the hydrogen bomb, materials are not pressurized hydrogen gas, but deuterium and tritium. Both deuterium and tritium are extremely in their natural states and require tremendous energy to subsist. Even if deuterium and tritium were present, getting the explosive power of a hydrogen bomb will require extreme heat and pressure. That is, over a hundred million degrees at thousands of bars of pressure. Such heat and pressure necessary to detonate a hydrogen bomb actually requires the detonation of a smaller nuclear bomb to “kindle” a fusion reaction. Unlike the hydrogen bomb, FCEVs simply combine oxygen and hydrogen to generate electric power.

The hydrogen bomb has very little to do with FCEV technology, and the only real connection is the word hydrogen. The connection is comparable to how the world around us being consisted of atoms, and the atom bomb having the word atom in it. A better understanding of the technology behind the FCEV and the hydrogen bomb can clear this misunderstanding.

Hydrogen utilized by FCEVs are in the form of hydrogen molecules. Hydrogen gas is pressurized at about 700bar of pressure and stored in a cryogenic tank. To generate torque, gas is fed to a lower-pressure cell and put through an electro-chemical reaction to generate electricity. The safety and reliability of hydrogen fuel tanks concerning their high-pressure storage have been thoroughly engineered and tested, achieving a level of safety similar to that of standard CNG engines, which is the traditional means of engine locomotion.

In the case of the hydrogen bomb, materials are not pressurized hydrogen gas, but deuterium and tritium. Both deuterium and tritium are extremely in their natural states and require tremendous energy to subsist. Even if deuterium and tritium were present, getting the explosive power of a hydrogen bomb will require extreme heat and pressure. That is, over a hundred million degrees at thousands of bars of pressure. Such heat and pressure necessary to detonate a hydrogen bomb actually requires the detonation of a smaller nuclear bomb to “kindle” a fusion reaction. Unlike the hydrogen bomb, FCEVs simply combine oxygen and hydrogen to generate electric power.
FCEV's, CNG's, I know I mentioned ICE's but throw us ignoramuses a bone Al.

People keep quoting this but it is not difficult to overcome. Every house has main water, electricity and often gas which all come down the street to your house. It shouldn't be to difficult to tap into the mains and plant a charging post which can be activated by your own house account card/phone etc.

I think the main questions are who is going to pay for it, and who is actually going to do it - there simply can't be enough workmen and equipment to cover the whole country.

Aside from the multi-occupancy issues mentioned by others, I assume there would also need to an awful lot of thick copper cables too, some of which will be stolen.

It certainly can be done, but the govt are going to have to stump up a huge amount of money.

I enjoyed that. A little bit different and some jeopardy to boot. Lewis obviously not giving up without a fight but the lack of development on the Merc is likely to cost him this season.

I think not awarding points to the top 3 would make it better. I'd grudgingly accept 1 pt for winning, but 3 pts seems a lot to gift to the faster cars.

Do you know if the idea is to use it in all races, or just some?

Tbh as soon as Ricciardo overtook Alonso that sprint race was over, barring some mild intrigue over Sainz. Everything before then was excellent, everything after was standard modern F1, minus the potential excitement over pitstops.

I enjoyed that. A little bit different and some jeopardy to boot. Lewis obviously not giving up without a fight but the lack of development on the Merc is likely to cost him this season.
I get a feeling they've thrown everything into building a car next year's which bends, but doesn't break the new regulations next year.

They'll take the hit this year to dominate for next decade with Lewis handing over to Russell after 2022.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.