F1 thread - 2019 Season

I can't comment on it as I have seen absolutely nothing of it this time, I have had the pleasure of cleaning and re-scaping 3 large aquariums today, I knew the race was on and was meant to put it on the pc and then promptly forgot to do it.

Pleased for Jos as he is my second favourite driver and the one to take over from Hamilton when he decides to finish, I must say I seen Vetal had finished second and that must have taken some doing from last place on the grid tbf.
Even though you know the result I highly recommend watching regardless

Highlight for me has come a few hours after the race finished with Williams being promoted up and getting a point!
Absolutely brilliant entertainment this afternoon. After the debacle of that non-race in France, the last 3 Grand Prix have been great.

Highlight for me has come a few hours after the race finished with Williams being promoted up and getting a point!
Absolutely brilliant entertainment this afternoon. After the debacle of that non-race in France, the last 3 Grand Prix have been great.

F1 does have a tendency to do this. You get some absolutely diabolical race like Bahrain 2010 where nothing happened followed by Button getting a clever win in mixed conditions. Or the first two races of 2014 and the hybrid era which were rubbish enough for Luca Di Montezemelo to say F1 was taxi racing with the drivers driving like accountants. Of course the following race he was made to swallow humble pie when for my money the greatest ever dry race I’ve seen took place in Bahrain and that amazing duel between Hamilton and Rosberg plus battles all through the field.

Great stuff today from Max and Lewis, in a class of their own. I really didn't think that would work from Merc but hats off for going for it and making the race exciting and pulling it off. Bit gutted for Max but great to see him being sanguine about it. He did the best he could.

That's as good a race as you can get there, in the dry.

Roll on Spa...

Good win for Lewis, shame though as I was starting to believe we might have a fight between the two for the world championship but I think this probably kills it

Belgium might bring Ferrari back to the fore with it being such a quick track. Hungary was the perfect storm for Red Bull to be successful with their low speed downforce advantage but the consistency of Mercedes wins out again.

Are we also seeing a resurgence of McLaren as the best of the rest teams? Also kudos for George Russell for finishing 16th in a shopping trolley of a car.

Would Verstappen accept being number 2 to Hamilton for a couple of seasons if it guaranteed him top dog when Lewis quits?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.