FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll lose again in the euros if you come up against a decent team, he's out of his depth tactically. Got out thought by France same with Italy in the final couldn't adjust to both managers changes and failed.

See Southgate England fans bringing up the Germany win, but Germany are not the Germany of old, their manager was a laughing stock in German press during that tournament.

Shame, seems your going the Belgian route first time I thought you could win a few trophies as the squad you've got is amazing.

And who is the alternative?
Which English manager (yep in my book the England manager should be English so that probably makes me a racist, bigoted, xenophobic, National Front supporting gammon to few on here - but I couldn't give a fuck as I'm an FOC) who is available and would take the job? Don't say Eddie Howe as he has previously ruled himself out and is not available. So who? No point in sacking someone if you don't have an upgrade as a replacement ready to go. I ain't no Southgate fan but he's the best we have got at present.
Potter might be a choice. I'd still say no though. The players have played better for Southgate, they seem to work hard for him and obviously it's turned around for the better since Hodgson.

I think southgate got a two year extension so maybe in two years there would be someone better available, besides pep :)

So would you accept pep haha

Reactions: PPT
Oh are they ?! Didn’t no that

We was in a final couple years ago, the moan brigade was well out in force that day.

‘We only got here because of an easy run’ etc

Give it up Mark.

Comparing Argentina and their record with ours is futile.

The Argentine f.a seem to have no issue in getting suitable managers for their teams.
If they don't perform,they are dispensed with.

Loser mentality has afflicted us for years.

Give it up Mark.

Comparing Argentina and their record with ours is futile.

The Argentine f.a seem to have no issue in getting suitable managers for their teams.
If they don't perform,they are dispensed with.

Loser mentality has afflicted us for years.
I think it’s less a loser mentality and more a “making the knockout stages is enough” mentality.

For some, consistently leading the team with arguably the collection of highest overall quality in the world (nearly all playing in arguably the most competitive league in the world) to ‘nearly winners’ status is deemed success.

Is it considered such in Germany, France, Spain, Argentina, or Brazil?

Absolutely not.

In those teams, winning tournaments is the measure of success. Which is why they have all recently won major tournaments and we’ve reached one final under Southgate (and haven’t won a major tournament in more than 50 years), whilst going out earlier in every other tournament or being relegated from the one longer format competition we play in. That alone would be enough to get sacked in the other teams, but with the FA, that is a sign of “progress”.

Until the perimeters of “success” are realigned with the other best national teams in the world, we’ll continue to be also-rans, and many will happily clap as we collect our “nearly winners” ribbons.

If you gave him a squad containing Pele, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Maradona, Zidane etc. He'd fuck it up. Out of his depth in a puddle. Wouldn't get a job with a championship club. Wondering if I'll get to see us lift a trophy in my lifetime, doubtful.
Well they are pretty old or dead.

I think it’s less a loser mentality and more a “making the knockout stages is enough” mentality.

For some, consistently leading the team with arguably the collection of highest overall quality in the world (nearly all playing in arguably the most competitive league in the world) to ‘nearly winners’ status is deemed success.

Is it considered such in Germany, France, Spain, Argentina, or Brazil?

Absolutely not.

In those teams, winning tournaments is the measure of success. Which is why they have all recently won major tournaments and we’ve reached one final under Southgate (and haven’t won a major tournament in more than 50 years), whilst going out earlier in every other tournament or being relegated from the one longer format competition we play in. That alone would be enough to get sacked in the other teams, but with the FA, that is a sign of “progress”.

Until the perimeters of “success” are realigned with the other best national teams in the world, we’ll continue to be also-rans, and many will happily clap as we collect our “nearly winners” ribbons.

Nearly winners is another way of saying losers.

Agree with the rest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.