FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well come 2024 he’s gone ........ if he’s still there after that then we must have won the thing :) ........... I ain’t his biggest fan but it probably makes sense with Howe and Potter in there jobs ......... he ain’t nothing to lose (Southgate) just go out and go for it now he’s got nothing to lose

Argentina might win the World Cup playing only 1 top 10 ranking sides and losing to the worst team in the competition - wonder how many of their fans are sitting and moaning on forums right now about this

Saudi Arabia weren't the worst team in the competition. Rankings aren't the best measure. Qatar were far worse despite being ranked in the top 20.

Downward trajectory that mate. Peaked 2 years ago.
Notice you’ve ignored the relegation from the nations league.
To be fair, it was a tough group, with the likes of Hungary showing why they are considered one of the best teams in the world by beating us twice (once handily).

Downward trajectory that mate. Peaked 2 years ago.
Notice you’ve ignored the relegation from the nations league.

Yeh, I only care about the major tournaments to be honest.

NL is treated as friendlies although it does go towards the rankings

I’m not that arsed about Southgate staying to be honest, of course he’s done a great job for England, getting us so close to a major win and helped bring a different positive spirit within the camp, especially for the young players - the England players will be grateful he’s staying

But his had 3 tournaments which I think is enough for any manager so I would of welcomed a new face who would inevitably receive the same criticism anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.