FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any manager who allows his keeper to keep hoofing it long game after game and giving away possession is out of his depth in the modern game. Get rid for the sake of the players, who are a talented bunch but need a proper manager and coaching staff.
I asked in another thread, why, when T Rex has one of the best ball-playing Centre-backs in the world right in front of him, does he keep hoofing it, when his targets are players with the stature of Phil and Saka?

It just doesn’t make sense.

It is not just the coach that is the elephant in the room. It is The FA as well. England don't have an identity when it comes to the overall style of play. It is not just on Southgate.
Agreed.

The whole organisation needs looking at. Coaching still seems to be jobs for the boys and doesn't stray too far from when Charlie Charles Charles played 100 years ago.

Mourinho.

And I'm not joking. The FA wouldn't have him because he'd call out all the egos to massage his own.

They'll play safe and I think the next boss will be Fat Frank. I'd prefer to have Graham Potter because he'd used the attackers they should be used. But could he control the egos?
Similar to when they should have given the job to the great Brian Clough, but they daren't, as he would have told them too many home truths.

I asked in another thread, why, when T Rex has one of the best ball-playing Centre-backs in the world right in front of him, does he keep hoofing it, when his targets are players with the stature of Phil and Saka?

It just doesn’t make sense.
The manager just doesn't understand the importance of keeping the ball. For Spain's 2nd goal Guehi hoofed it long for a throw, 5 passes later it's in the net. We need a manager who has a philosophy similar to Pep, I believe we have the players for the first time in ages but they lack direction.

Players and managers all seem to look good at Brighton but when they leave, maybe not so good. They obviously have a great set up down there.
I wouldn't call it highly successful if you want to win tournaments. They buy cheap and polish them and sell them for profit. They don't bring many through their Youth Set Up.

Potter is not a bad call but I am not sure he is tactically flexible.
I'm struggling to come up with any available candidates that would be considered a 'homerun'.

It's obviously a big longshot, but I wonder if they'd contact Pep and see if he'd be even a little interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.