FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we in agreement we would look abroad for a manager then?
Tough looking abroad though, as they need to 'get' English players.

We brought in Cappello who was a disaster, whereas Sven was great although too laid back with the players.

The dream for me would have been Ancelotti, we should have lined him up for after this tournament knowing his contract for Madrid was set to expire this summer instead of faffing around Southgate.

Not many options for us really, probably be looking at Poch, Klopp, and Tuchel (I'd rule out Allegri).

Fat Fwank or slippy G back from the managerial wilderness, try and kid us on that Engerlund were a great team with them playing so why wouldn't one of them be a great manager? Either would "get " the way the fans want to see football played and either would immediately play kane as the guy is a leg end don't you know ?and so the bullshit starts again .

WC quals start in September you can bet Clowns faveorites will still be there if he is.

If it’s an Englishman I’d go for Potter. We need to change our playing style so our team get forward together, defend together, press together. Like City do, like Spain did last night. We can no longer rely on qualifying from shit groups, scraping through against teams like Slovakia. We have to change our whole playing style. Potter can do that

I'm not sure who to bring in next. Spain and Germany have shown that promoting from within can work. And unlike Southgate, Carsley has won a tournament with the U21s. We need a winner though, someone who can get the mentality right.

But we also desperately need a better keeper and a number 6 who can run the game. If this team is relying on Pickford and Rice we will never win anything against the best sides because we will never have the ball.

Pep is smart enough to turn it down. Southgate has to go but I haven't a clue who can really improve England's chances of winning a tournament.
Considering Southgate is a failed domestic manager and he's still managed England to two finals and a WC semi, anyone who is more tactically aware than Southgate would improve the chances

Fat Fwank or slippy G back from the managerial wilderness, try and kid us on that Engerlund were a great team with them playing so why wouldn't one of them be a great manager? Either would "get " the way the fans want to see football played and either would immediately play kane as the guy is a leg end don't you know ?and so the bullshit starts again .
Fans don't care how they play. Southgate is a boring twat, but he's made 2 finals and a World Cup semi-final. That's what matters. If England beat Spain on penalties last night playing turgid football, not one single Engerland fan would have cared.

Considering Southgate is a failed domestic manager and he's still managed England to two finals and a WC semi, anyone who is more tactically aware than Southgate would improve the chances

I can’t imagine the next coach getting luckier draws. It boils my piss when they say how successful he’s been. Never has anyone been so fucking lucky with draws in international tournaments.

Look at Spains route with 7 wins compared to England. It really would have been a travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.