FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to come up with any available candidates that would be considered a 'homerun'.

It's obviously a big longshot, but I wonder if they'd contact Pep and see if he'd be even a little interested.
Pep is smart enough to turn it down. Southgate has to go but I haven't a clue who can really improve England's chances of winning a tournament.

I wouldn't call it highly successful if you want to win tournaments. They buy cheap and polish them and sell them for profit. They don't bring many through their Youth Set Up.
That's not the point I'm making, basically everyone at Brighton, which is a small club over- achieves. I wouldn't judge Potter on his time at Brighton for anyone thinking he should be the next England manager, is my point.

That's not the point I'm making, basically everyone at Brighton, which is a small club over- achieves. I wouldn't judge Potter on his time at Brighton for anyone thinking he should be the next England manager, is my point.
If he surrounds himself with the correct Backroom staff then he would really have a chance of succeeding with England.

As much as I want the Waistcoat out, I think it was ridiculous asking him about his future right after the game.

It’s time for steady reflection, not instant answers.
Not much to reflect though. Southgate played 4-2-3-1 formation with lots of technical players in midfield and instructed Pickford to hoof the ball long over all our players. Southgate is a total moron.

Howe did a decent job at Newcastle but is he really flexible to change when needed? The FA need to start looking to the continent again. Perhaps try and avoid the grifters.
I thought he did a great job at Bournemouth who were in all sorts of trouble, with transfer bans etc. He seems like a proper hardworking manager, who knows the modern game, he's the only English manager I think I'd go for, which is a sad state of affairs.

I thought he did a great job at Bournemouth who were in all sorts of trouble, with transfer bans etc. He seems like a proper hardworking manager, who knows the modern game, he's the only English manager I think I'd go for, which is a sad state of affairs.
Again not the worst of suggestions and he is similar in many ways to Potter. But it is a combination of ego managment, Media managment along with tactical flexabilty. I am not sure they are the very best in that regards.

Again not the worst of suggestions and he is similar in many ways to Potter. But it is a combination of ego managment, Media managment along with tactical flexabilty. I am not sure they are the very best in that regards.
Are we in agreement we would look abroad for a manager then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.