FA Cup 1969 semi final 45 min highlights

Healthcare29

Not seen this before & doubt it's ever been shown other than Apr 69, but it's just appeared on YT - Ye old football channel

Allison's interview at the end is prophetic as he refers to Mike Doyle as Tommy Doyle, clearly confusing Mike with Tommy Booth who of course just scored the winning goal.

Great day I was 14 standing behind the goal, as the ball hit the net the crowd in front of me seemed to disappear as it surged forward, as our coach was driving away it was pelted with stones mud and bottles how the windows didn’t break is anybodies guess.

Not seen this before & doubt it's ever been shown other than Apr 69, but it's just appeared on YT - Ye old football channel

Allison's interview at the end is prophetic as he refers to Mike Doyle as Tommy Doyle, clearly confusing Mike with Tommy Booth who of course just scored the winning goal.

Fantastic. Only conceded 1 through the cup run and that was a 1-4 at Blackburn. Villa Park pitch was a bit of a state!
I‘m always struck by the lack of histrionics whenever I watch footage from the past and something I wish could be transplanted into todays game.

Great stuff. Most of the old City material online simply shows just the goals or very brief highlights. This gives a much better idea of how Joe and Malcolm's team actually played.

Ye Olde Football Channel has been posting a lot of interesting stuff in recent weeks that's new for YT. A lot of it's The Big Match, shown in London, but even then there are a couple of games City feature in. We also occasionally get shown in the third game on that show when we've been the main game in the Granada area.

Mike Doyle had the nickname Tommy, by the way, from before Booth joined the club as an apprentice, so that's what Mal was been referring to - there was no confusion. It's referred to here among other places: MCIVTA page on Mike Doyle.

my dad and grandad went to this.
they met a load of scousers and had a good drink and laugh with them.
I still haven't forgiven either of them for not taking me,apparantly being 4 wasn't old enough !

Dont get me wrong, I love the way things are now but those really were great days for watching football, that open end where the city fans are looked huge & just after the goal Franny takes the Everton defender out while he is in the air,
They both square up, then they crack on with the game, cant help feeling these days the everton player would have been rolling around for 10 minutes & Franny would have been banned for about 6 games :-)

Last edited:
Great stuff. Obviously knew the outcome but not the score.

Interesting that not one song was sung, not that I heard anyway, by either set of fans during the game.

Also no replays despite it being a highlights reel.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.