FA Cup 3rd Round Draw | Chelsea (H) | 4:30pm, Sun 8 Jan

Cup competitions, F.A. Cup and champions league, our record in them has been poor, so what's your point?
Compared to who? I'd have preferred one or two more FA cups and a CL, obviously, but I'm not sure you can say it's a poor record unless everyone has a poor record in them. Winning knock out comps just needs more luck than the league, and the semi final of the FA cup always comes at a terrible time for us.

Compared to who? I'd have preferred one or two more FA cups and a CL, obviously, but I'm not sure you can say it's a poor record unless everyone has a poor record in them. Winning knock out comps just needs more luck than the league, and the semi final of the FA cup always comes at a terrible time for us.
I am not doubting that, but our record in cups is not good, see real madrid last season, and why does it always come at a terrible time for us? The dippers were going toe to toe last season for the league with us and managed to get to the F.A. Cup final and champions league final

I am not doubting that, but our record in cups is not good, see real madrid last season, and why does it always come at a terrible time for us? The dippers were going toe to toe last season for the league with us and managed to get to the F.A. Cup final and champions league final
I don't know why Liverpool winning an FA cup final and losing a CL final makes them good in cup competitions, but when we do it it makes us bad in cup competitions to be honest.

I don't know why Liverpool winning an FA cup final and losing a CL final makes them good in cup competitions, but when we do it it makes us bad in cup competitions to be honest.
We are bad in cup competitions, according to us we have the best manager in the world, 1 fa Cup no champions league,.1 final we lost to Chelsea, so tell me apart from league Cup, when have we shown how good we are in cup competitions

And I didn't say they were good in cup competitions, you said the fa Cup semi always comes at a terrible time.for us, I merely pointed out that they were in the same boat, but still got to the finals

Pretty poor?

Apart from the League Cup which City have won in six out of the last nine years.

Apart from the FA Cup which City have won twice in eleven years.

I suppose that City have been rubbish in the FA Trophy and the Full Members Cup for a while? I haven’t followed the recent winners of the Lancashire Senior Cup or the Northern Counties Cup?
We should have won the FA Cup more often tbf but the timing of the semis always seems to be between significant CL games
We have turned in some fairly poor semi final performances with mixed sides
If Ederson was in goal last season we win that game in April no problem

Thumped Palace 4-0 in the third round after being 0-0 at HT
Then leathered Norwich 6-0 next round, when Bond tried to drop down from the directors box to console his lad Kevin in the tunnel
I assume it was only his mink coat and the cigars in his pocket that cushioned his fall and prevented him from shattering both ankles
Didn’t Kevin remark that he fell on his wallet and that cushioned the fall

Ipswich were on for the double iirc, brilliant side, but that defeat to us broke their fragile hearts

They were going for a treble of sorts. They won the UEFA Cup that year. Probably all the cup games caught up with them in the end and they fell away and finished runners up to Villa in the league, after looking the most likely winners for most of the season. Considering most teams operated with a squad of about 14/15 first team players in those days, it was a pretty remarkable season. They were big favourites to beat us in the semis.

Some fixturelist.

Hope our players will not feature a lot in Quatar.

Will be nice to start one of our famous yet hardly appreciated winning runs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.