FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Personally I believe the players will be up for it, they will need no incentives, as big as it gets Chelsea followed by Barca they will get through on adrenalin if need be. Its what I have dreamt of especially from the time getting beat at home to Bury back in those long ago days.
Drink it in and bring them on.

Bring it on

Lest we forget the rags have just had a wank weekend having to watch on as incidentals

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.

It will be Saturday as we play on the Wednesday great draw IMO

How on earth is it a great draw? It could only be worse if it was away.

Scunthorpe home is a great draw, not bloody Chelsea.

Pigeonho said:
Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:
These are the games we only dreamt of not so long ago, yet people are still moaning about it, and that's despite the fact we have the capability to beat Chelsea and Barca.
What exactly do some want?

To win as many trophies as possible and having harder opposition makes that less possible.
So the easy route then?

Again, it's not the level of opposition that's the issue, it's the proximity of the games to each other. We don't have that much strength in depth in midfield (Nasri, Milner and Silva have all got knocks of varying degrees of severity already), and drawing Chelsea 3 (or potentially even 2) days before one of the most prestigious games in our history, sucks big fat donkey dangles as far as I'm concerned.

KippaxCitizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.
Take both games as seriously as the other for fuck's sake. Why would we prioritise either of them?

As I've said we could be in title deciding games, or FA Cup semi finals, around Champions League semi finals in years to come and this will be great practice on how to structure the week to make both games as much of a priority as each other.

"Practice"?!?!?

This is the here and now and we are chasing four trophies. Call me mr picky but I want the best chance of winning them we can possibly have.

Too much old City thinking going on here for me.

This is what its all about guys. Its what we have invested heavily in for.

What a run of games, I'm excited for it, a real test for the full squad... that pitch is going to get some abuse with 4 home games in the space of 2 weeks

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It will be Saturday as we play on the Wednesday great draw IMO

How on earth is it a great draw? It could only be worse if it was away.

Scunthorpe home is a great draw, not bloody Chelsea.
Bollocks! Hopefully the players and manager don't have this pathetic attitude!

How will our players react to this draw??

I bet they cant wait to be honest..they want to play the best even if our fans dont..

razman said:
Project said:
In all competitions

Just 6 games in February.

5 of which are at home.

Could be a lot worse chaps.

yup....arsenal

Arsenal fixtures in February-March LFC (a) ManU (h) LFC (h) Bayern (h) Bayern (a) Spurs (a) Chelsea (a) ManCity (h) Everton (a)
:D

Haha That has made me feel better.

We could have done with Nasri being available for the games in Feb....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.