FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Danamy said:
neel said:
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on drawing Manchester City away in the last-16 of the FA Cup: "No problem. If you want to be the best then you have to play the best, so it's good for us. One team is the end product. One team needs to improve and has a long way to go."

End product, the cheeky fucker?

Pellers has been here the same time he's been at Chelsea, we've only just started.

End product.......pffft

He's hardly going to come out and say 'Oh fuck not City', is he?

Interesting draw v Chelsea. Kind of a final in itself.

Bad timing 3 days before barca.

The club will clearly prioritise the CL over the fa cup. Especially with us already being in the final of one cup.

Mike N said:
Success brings draws and schedules like this. Bring them on! Can't wait.
Thats the spirit, bring them all on, players will be buzzin as well...less training i think

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:
So the easy route then?

Yes, the thing that makes it easiest as possible for the team that I support to win trophies.

What exactly do you want if this is such an abhorrent concept? Hardest teams possible at al stages so you can play the "we deserved it" card with your obviously highly influential rag mates?

Don't tell me there are people saying this is a good draw? Two days before Barca?
It won't be played on the sunday, therefore it won't be ''two days''.

This is what inevitably happens when it gets down to rounds 5 onwards - big draws will happen - Chelsea will be more unhappy than us about this believe me! Rather be at home to anyone than away to a big gun!

Why does everyone keep saying our big squad can handle it? Only our first choice team could beat the chavs twice and Barca. Sunderland are no push overs either the form they are in. Richards, Garcia, Rodwell have shown they aren't in the sort of form to be able to play those games and Jovetic is an unknown if he will be back to full fitness and we have Nasri out with injury as well. It's not as simple as replacing a few players each game when the quality of those players is nowhere near the ones in the first team.

blueinsa said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.

Both mate. We have the squad to cope. We have the mentality to cope. There will be no tiredness in the players when it comes to games of this magnitude.
yeah dont think tiredness will be factor just let them go easy in training in-between, just injuries would be the problem,
4-5-1 v Sunderland

MF
Milner.....Fern.....Garcia......Kolarov..
.....................Jov.....................
...........................Dzeko...........

and release the lot of them on Chelsea and Barca

blueinsa said:
Too much old City thinking going on here for me.

This is what its all about guys. Its what we have invested heavily in for.

If we beat both Barca and Chelsea I will agree with you, fella, but at this stage I'm gutted that it weakens us for the Barca game.

I really fancy us for that one. Im not of the "it's just an honour to play them" mindset. I want to lay down a marker

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.

It will be Saturday as we play on the Wednesday great draw IMO

How on earth is it a great draw? It could only be worse if it was away.

Scunthorpe home is a great draw, not bloody Chelsea.

Because, as alluded to by others earlier, we're a big game team, we find a way in these games, the momentum from beating those 2 and the psychology it will breed is unmeasurable, I for one would rather go out that way, should we fall short, than pissing and moaning about it, it also follows MP's ethos to the letter, shit or bust

Let's have it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.