FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:
So the easy route then?

Yes, the thing that makes it easiest as possible for the team that I support to win trophies.

What exactly do you want if this is such an abhorrent concept? Hardest teams possible at al stages so you can play the "we deserved it" card with your obviously highly influential rag mates?

Don't tell me there are people saying this is a good draw? Two days before Barca?

Have the courage of your convictions. No excuses.

worsleyweb said:
I think we will win all our home games. Get a win at spurs this week and February could be a magical month in our history.

Indeed. What a time to be a Blue!

razman said:
Project said:
In all competitions

Just 6 games in February.

5 of which are at home.

Could be a lot worse chaps.

yup....arsenal

Arsenal fixtures in February-March LFC (a) ManU (h) LFC (h) Bayern (h) Bayern (a) Spurs (a) Chelsea (a) ManCity (h) Everton (a)
:D

Lol. Putting that into context, I feel better about our chances to leapfrog over them in the league

neel said:
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on drawing Manchester City away in the last-16 of the FA Cup: "No problem. If you want to be the best then you have to play the best, so it's good for us. One team is the end product. One team needs to improve and has a long way to go."

End product, the cheeky fucker?

Pellers has been here the same time he's been at Chelsea, we've only just started.

End product.......pffft

Great draw other than we play Barca soon after.

Anyone who thinks otherwise - think - would you rather play Chavs at home or later at wembley. If we beat then then one of liverpool or arse out great chance to win it

£1 for a kid, I doubt but who cares...................bring on the cockney scum!!!!!!

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.

It will be Saturday as we play on the Wednesday great draw IMO

How on earth is it a great draw? It could only be worse if it was away.

Scunthorpe home is a great draw, not bloody Chelsea.

Fuckinell Dave, trust in Pellers and the players.. it will be fine.

I am just hoping it's a Friday night or Saturday lunchtime, with Barcelona on the Tuesday the worst case scenario would be if the game was Sunday evening.

I can maybe see some prioritization pressure coming from the board if the game is on a Sunday because no doubt the Barcelona game will be seen as the most important, plus I just think all the players playing against Chelsea won't want to risk injury so they can play that Barca game.

It's a good tie to look forward to and at least we are at home, but it has come at the worst possible time.

Everyone mentioning 3 days before Barcelona

But look at Asenals fixture list

Liverpool (prem)
United (prem)
Liverpool(fa cup)
Bayern (champs league )

That could help us in our league run in Every cloud and all that

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pigeonho said:
Damocles said:
To win as many trophies as possible and having harder opposition makes that less possible.
So the easy route then?

Again, it's not the level of opposition that's the issue, it's the proximity of the games to each other. We don't have that much strength in depth in midfield (Nasri, Milner and Silva have all got knocks of varying degrees of severity already), and drawing Chelsea 3 (or potentially even 2) days before one of the most prestigious games in our history, sucks big fat donkey dangles as far as I'm concerned.
We had to draw someone! We are in the competition and have to play that weekend like everyone else. This is life at the top table and its a nigh on certainty our opposition will be far more 'concerned' than us. That's what the money has been spent for - to compete at this level on all fronts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.