FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.

It will be Saturday as we play on the Wednesday great draw IMO

How on earth is it a great draw? It could only be worse if it was away.

Scunthorpe home is a great draw, not bloody Chelsea.

Do you want people to think we sound like this ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportspundit.com/soccer/articles/232-fergie-moans-fixture-timing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportspundit.com/soccer/arti ... ure-timing</a>

It is done and nothing is going to change it, tbh it certainly beats being one of the 4 million at York (I wasn't it was a joke :))

RandomJ said:
toffee balls said:
"Poor draw "
"Bad timing

What the fook are some of you on.
ffs man up you soft twats.

Would you have preferred to get beat yesterday and get a well earned rest , like the rags.

We are competing on 4 fronts , what the hell did you expect.

This place is fuckin mental sometimes... Jesus H Navas

It's not about being scared of playing them it's having so many tough games in such a short period of time. Our squad isn't that deep if you really look at it. Only our first choice team could beat Chelsea twice and stand a chance at beating Barca. So those players have really tough games in short periods of time to handle which increases the chance of fatigue and injury. It's not a weak attitude to hope you get an easy draw especially with the tough games you already have.

I suppose Blackburn and Watford weren't tough games, just a stroll in the park, you can easily pick up injuries playing lower league cloggers

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:

It's subjective as fans this the type of game we want to see

So I was right. For some of you it's about your own personal day out rather than the good of the club.

This has an impact on our title chances, ie the game against Sunderland, and our champions league campaign.

He's going to have to rotate incredibly cleverly to get three wins here.

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.

Dave's lost it lol

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Dave's lost it lol

Hinchcliffe's header said:
RandomJ said:
We have the worst February fixtures I have ever seen. Surely now signings need to be made because that is going to push our squad to breaking point.

6 February 1999 Manchester City 3–0 Millwall
13 February 1999 Bournemouth 0–0 Manchester City
20 February 1999 Manchester City2–0 Macclesfield Town
27 February 1999 Chesterfield 1–1 Manchester

You must be new.

This is what i remember to be the worst February fixtures ever seen

These are magnificent times, get used to it, grow a pair, and...

Bring on the chavs.

Unbeatable at home, dodgy away. Nothing's changed. Apart from half a billion of talent, world class stadium, world class training facilities.

sam-caddick said:
Stoned Rose said:
Interesting draw v Chelsea. Kind of a final in itself.

Bad timing 3 days before barca.

The club will clearly prioritise the CL over the fa cup. Especially with us already being in the final of one cup.

I definitely think the CL game will seen as more important and it wouldn't surpirse me to see a mix of first and second string players against Chelsea.

This draw favours Chelsea because they have no CL in the week following this game, they have a week off so they will go all out for this whilst Manuel has to worry about possible injuries and fitness issues ahead of one of the most historically defining City games we have ever had.
I think the other way round. We're unlikely to beat FCB so strongest team against Chelsea and 2nd team v FCB

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:

Absolutely right. Chelsea Saturday, Barcelona Wednesday, Stoke City Saturday. It doesn't get any better than that (apart from Stoke that is).

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:

So I was right. For some of you it's about your own personal day out rather than the good of the club.

This has an impact on our title chances, ie the game against Sunderland, and our champions league campaign.

He's going to have to rotate incredibly cleverly to get three wins here.

Mate, breathe in to a paper bag will you and calm down.

We have a manager to pull this off ;-)

jared said:
razman said:
Project said:
In all competitions

Just 6 games in February.

5 of which are at home.

Could be a lot worse chaps.

yup....arsenal

Arsenal fixtures in February-March LFC (a) ManU (h) LFC (h) Bayern (h) Bayern (a) Spurs (a) Chelsea (a) ManCity (h) Everton (a)
:D

Lol. Putting that into context, I feel better about our chances to leapfrog over them in the league
Those Arsenal fixtures aren't quite right. Still a tough run though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.