FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

RandomJ said:
We have the worst February fixtures I have ever seen. Surely now signings need to be made because that is going to push our squad to breaking point.

6 February 1999 Manchester City 3–0 Millwall
13 February 1999 Bournemouth 0–0 Manchester City
20 February 1999 Manchester City2–0 Macclesfield Town
27 February 1999 Chesterfield 1–1 Manchester

You must be new.

This is what i remember to be the worst February fixtures ever seen

These are magnificent times, get used to it, grow a pair, and...

Bring on the chavs.

toffee balls said:
pudge said:
toffee balls said:
"Poor draw "
"Bad timing

What the fook are some of you on.
ffs man up you soft twats.

Would you have preferred to get beat yesterday and get a well earned rest , like the rags.

We are competing on 4 fronts , what the hell did you expect.

This place is fuckin mental sometimes... Jesus H Navas
No... just the much, much simpler option of a lower league team at home.

What an odd extreme you went to.

Any one at home.

Always has been , always will be.

Exactly what we got.

Comprende
Even under Pearce?

Think yours are brass and not toffee mate

samharris said:
Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If we beat both Barca and Chelsea I will agree with you, fella, but at this stage I'm gutted that it weakens us for the Barca game.

I really fancy us for that one. Im not of the "it's just an honour to play them" mindset. I want to lay down a marker

Absolutely right.

I want to win trophies, I'm not interested in prestige games that will garner loads of media, I want to win every game, every Cup and every league possible.

The odds of doing this are heavily reduced if we play easier teams than hard teams. I can't believe some people are arguing about this.

No winning mentality some people, all about the entertainment

WTF!! we can beat Chelsea of that im sure..nowt to do with entertainment..its to do with faith in yer team and manager..people wanting us to beat chelsea have a winning attitude..

No winning mentality my arse..
We can't possibly play our strongest teams against Chelsea and Barcelona. One has to go. I trust Pellegrini to make the right choice. Prioritise CFC because that has ramifications for the League

Danamy said:
johnny on the spot said:
He's hardly going to come out and say 'Oh fuck not City', is he?

You're not getting my point are you?

He's stating that we're the end product (finished article) yet Pellers has only been at City the same time as he's been at Chelsea, how does that work?

He thinks Chelsea is still work in progress, if that's the case, so are we?

I get your point, but I see it as great mind game rhetoric from Mourinho. Does he mean City have a long way to go, or actually his own Chelsea team?

Is it a jibe at his opponents, or a mitigating statement for the team he's still building? Is he critiquing us or motivating them?

He's played the media perfectly there.

One positive is that it may just spur Txiki and Ferran into getting the chequebook out before the window shuts.

Stoned Rose said:
Interesting draw v Chelsea. Kind of a final in itself.

Bad timing 3 days before barca.

The club will clearly prioritise the CL over the fa cup. Especially with us already being in the final of one cup.

I definitely think the CL game will seen as more important and it wouldn't surpirse me to see a mix of first and second string players against Chelsea.

This draw favours Chelsea because they have no CL in the week following this game, they have a week off so they will go all out for this whilst Manuel has to worry about possible injuries and fitness issues ahead of one of the most historically defining City games we have ever had.

I can just see one of the so called über blues absolutely lambasting united if they'd once again visited 'rag cafe' and saw them all saying they would prefer Scunthorpe this, it's not fair that, too many games the other.
The irony in Damocles saying some don't have a winning mentality!

TCIB said:
Fair enough, bring them on.

You could hope for less dangerous opposition but fuck it.

To be the best is to beat the best,not the underdog.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.