FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

FA Cup game will be on Saturday for sure. Sunderland at home we can't afford to take them lightly but I'm going to assume that's the game where the squad is rotated. Best XI for Chelsea/Barça.

Citysmith said:
I'm hoping for a Friday night kick off. When was our last Friday night game?

If ITV are given first dibs on who to show they will pick Arsenal vs Liverpool as that will please the advertisers because like or not they have more fans than either Chelsea or us.

For the umpteenth time, it can't be Friday as we play on the Weds before.

It will be Saturday, guaranteed.

chedinho said:
Didsbury Dave said:
pudge said:
I understand the "to be the best etc" but what people are miffed about is the timing of the fixtures more than the actual draw itself.

Of course we can beat Chelsea at home, but with Barca coming to ours just 2/3 days later surely it would have been easier on our squad if we had drawn say Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton at home instead?

This appears to be too difficult a concept for some to understand.

sheff wednesday are not ideal opponents for a dress rehearsal v barca.

i would of thought a good kicking from a lower level team wont help us either.

the only thing that concerns me is Aguero's hatred for david luis

The issue is rotation, not the quality of the opposition.You need your best team out for Chelsea but not for Sheffield weds. This wouldn't matter if we didn't have a huge league game 3 days before and a huge CL game 3 days after.

Before we get another tool going "man up" (and it's a good rule of thumb that anyone who uses that phrase is a tool) this isn't about fear. It's about common sense.

Fuck it. What's done is done. I trust Pellegrini and the boys to go out there and do the business. Three wins in these games will do nicely thank you very much. If I had to lose one it would be Chelsea I think.

At least we're at home.

Any chance this could be on the Friday? Would be great if it was, esp with Barca being next up on the Tuesday...

lancs blue said:
I'd have been more relaxed about the draw if Chelsea also had a CL match the following midweek rather than a week later. It definitely makes it more difficult for us with Barca a few days later, little recovery time for minor knocks if we play a strong side.

Worry about Knocks when they happen, whats the point of worrying 'if' theyll happen.

On a weds night 5 a side night I used to get in my car and hear the late Peter Jones describing matches with real pedigree semi finals games at the top games that mattered , Liverpool ,scum Arsenal villa (they were a top team then) and just wish that it just for once involved us , And now im telling myself to shut the fuck up and forget the backlog of difficult fixtures, and enjoy the ride we are on cos we Manchester city and this is OUR time

Rammy Blue said:
Citysmith said:

If ITV are given first dibs on who to show they will pick Arsenal vs Liverpool as that will please the advertisers because like or not they have more fans than either Chelsea or us.

Fair enough

I'll ask again in a few pages time ;o)

RandomJ said:
Rascal said:
For years we craved big games and now we have some are scared of them ffs. Enjoy them it sure as hell beats losing to Halifax etc

ffs no one is scared of the games they are just bemoaning the fixture congestion. Keep up.
Same thing ain't it. What the fuck can we do about it now? Would you rather we weren't in it at all?
Its one game ffs. Its not as if we didn't know we were getting a fucker is it.

Citysmith said:
Rammy Blue said:
Citysmith said:

Fair enough

I'll ask again in a few pages time ;o)

Not your fault pal, someone has just asked again!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.