FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

1.618034 said:
At least we're at home.

Any chance this could be on the Friday? Would be great if it was, esp with Barca being next up on the Tuesday...
How many more times;

WE'RE PLAYING ON THE PRECEDING WEDNESDAY AGAINST SUNDERLAND, THEREFORE THE CUP GAME CAN'T BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

And r-e-l-a-x!

Citysmith said:
Rammy Blue said:
Citysmith said:
I'm hoping for a Friday night kick off. When was our last Friday night game?

If ITV are given first dibs on who to show they will pick Arsenal vs Liverpool as that will please the advertisers because like or not they have more fans than either Chelsea or us.

For the umpteenth time, it can't be Friday as we play on the Weds before.

It will be Saturday, guaranteed.

Fair enough

I'll ask again in a few pages time ;o)

Don't bother, someone else will and save you typing it. ;-)

jimharri said:
1.618034 said:
At least we're at home.

Any chance this could be on the Friday? Would be great if it was, esp with Barca being next up on the Tuesday...
How many more times;

WE'RE PLAYING ON THE PRECEDING WEDNESDAY AGAINST SUNDERLAND, THEREFORE THE CUP GAME CAN'T BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

Stop shouting Jimmy

And r-e-l-a-x!

Didsbury Dave said:
chedinho said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This appears to be too difficult a concept for some to understand.

sheff wednesday are not ideal opponents for a dress rehearsal v barca.

i would of thought a good kicking from a lower level team wont help us either.

the only thing that concerns me is Aguero's hatred for david luis

The issue is rotation, not the quality of the opposition.You need your best team out for Chelsea but not for Sheffield weds. This wouldn't matter if we didn't have a huge league game 3 days before and a huge CL game 3 days after.

Before we get another tool going "man up" (and it's a good rule of thumb that anyone who uses that phrase is a tool) this isn't about fear. It's about common sense.

Fuck it. What's done is done. I trust Pellegrini and the boys to go out there and do the business. Three wins in these games will do nicely thank you very much. If I had to lose one it would be Chelsea I think.
We had to put close our best team out against Watford in the second half yesterday because we were fucking dreadful in the first half. And we got a piss easy draw in Round 3 and rested a few there then and were fucking dreadful.

I think it does us better when we have to play the best sides.

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Didsbury Dave said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Christ, what a shit draw. At least it's home. Getting a Friday game would be superb. Can't see it though. It's a tie with a big audience potential so they'll want the best time for it. Sunday would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hard to call which game we prioritise, if any, this or Barca. My gut tells me Barca.
Take both games as seriously as the other for fuck's sake. Why would we prioritise either of them?

As I've said we could be in title deciding games, or FA Cup semi finals, around Champions League semi finals in years to come and this will be great practice on how to structure the week to make both games as much of a priority as each other.

"Practice"?!?!?

This is the here and now and we are chasing four trophies. Call me mr picky but I want the best chance of winning them we can possibly have.

it is what it is. Get over it dismal.

Re: FA Cup 5th Round Draw

jazzy said:
Let Chelsea and barca worry about us . We will beat them both as for Sunderland play Garcia lescott .rodwell .Richards .jovetic & Lopez
We couldnt beat Watford with these players, not much hope against Sunderland.

Didsbury Dave said:
chedinho said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This appears to be too difficult a concept for some to understand.

sheff wednesday are not ideal opponents for a dress rehearsal v barca.

i would of thought a good kicking from a lower level team wont help us either.

the only thing that concerns me is Aguero's hatred for david luis

The issue is rotation, not the quality of the opposition.You need your best team out for Chelsea but not for Sheffield weds. This wouldn't matter if we didn't have a huge league game 3 days before and a huge CL game 3 days after.

Before we get another tool going "man up" (and it's a good rule of thumb that anyone who uses that phrase is a tool) this isn't about fear. It's about common sense.

Fuck it. What's done is done. I trust Pellegrini and the boys to go out there and do the business. Three wins in these games will do nicely thank you very much. If I had to lose one it would be Chelsea I think.

This is what we have wanted since the takeover Dave last 16 ,you especially ;) and now we have it.. lets just go for it.. we have been dealt the cards and we have to play them..and we are quite good at what we do..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.