FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

I'd have been more relaxed about the draw if Chelsea also had a CL match the following midweek rather than a week later. It definitely makes it more difficult for us with Barca a few days later, little recovery time for minor knocks if we play a strong side.

RandomJ said:
Pigeonho said:
RandomJ said:
ffs no one is scared of the games they are just bemoaning the fixture congestion. Keep up.
The only way that wouldn't be a problem would be if we went out yesterday or hadn't made the last 16 of the CL. That would have been something else to complain about, though on a different scale. Do you want to be in the mix for these cups? Course you do. Well to do that we have to play games close together like this. Have we the squad to do it more than our competitors? Too right we have.

I think the Watford game showed we don't have the squad to do that. Only when our first choice player came on did we win the game. Now you see the problem.

You seem to see a lot more problems than Mr P

Out of Chelsea, Arse, and the Red Dippers, I`d much rather play Chelsea.
If we win it, it makes the path to Wembley easier. If we go out it makes the League run in easier. Therefore it`s a win/win situation.
I don`t believe we will beat Barca over 2 legs, but if we beat Chelsea it will be a massive confidence boost. So for this reason we play the strongest available XI against Chelsea.

I'm hoping for a Friday night kick off. When was our last Friday night game?

If ITV are given first dibs on who to show they will pick Arsenal vs Liverpool as that will please the advertisers because like or not they have more fans than either Chelsea or us.

RandomJ said:
Pigeonho said:
RandomJ said:
ffs no one is scared of the games they are just bemoaning the fixture congestion. Keep up.
The only way that wouldn't be a problem would be if we went out yesterday or hadn't made the last 16 of the CL. That would have been something else to complain about, though on a different scale. Do you want to be in the mix for these cups? Course you do. Well to do that we have to play games close together like this. Have we the squad to do it more than our competitors? Too right we have.

I think the Watford game showed we don't have the squad to do that. Only when our first choice player came on did we win the game. Now you see the problem.
No, it showed we came out of the blocks early. That team should've been beating them on paper, they had it though and fair play to them. That was nothing to do with squad lacking depth.

lancs blue said:
I'd have been more relaxed about the draw if Chelsea also had a CL match the following midweek rather than a week later. It definitely makes it more difficult for us with Barca a few days later, little recovery time for minor knocks if we play a strong side.

Spot on

Personally I would view this as a positive

If we beat them then we are pole if we don't then we have saved a few games and the players get a breather because we don't have the squad the title must be the priority

Paulmcfc2703 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Hope the fa allow us to play this game on friday night but sure itv won, t allow it.
And play it a couple of days after Sunderland at home instead. Why would we do that?

Totally forgot about them hope it gets played saturday lunch time then but can imagine us getting fucked over with a late sunday game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.