FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

baildon blue said:
jimharri said:
1.618034 said:
At least we're at home.

Any chance this could be on the Friday? Would be great if it was, esp with Barca being next up on the Tuesday...
How many more times;

WE'RE PLAYING ON THE PRECEDING WEDNESDAY AGAINST SUNDERLAND, THEREFORE THE CUP GAME CAN'T BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

Stop shouting Jimmy

And r-e-l-a-x!

Sorry... Only just got in and wasn't about to wade through 50+ pages... although a quick scan no doubt would've sufficed eh? Guess we'll see a slightly weakened team then.

Might have to settle for 3 goals instead of the usual 4...?

-)
Or has that been answered numerous times too?

Rammyblues said:
We can moan all we like, we can discuss it until hell freezes over, unlike the other cup competitions the FA cup is free from any form of coefficients and is purely luck of the draw.

We have been drawn at home, yes it may have been nice for it to have been a lower placed club but we have Chelsea even if you don't like it you have to accept it.

We have Barca following, thats been in the lists for weeks. If our club wanted to have some down time and rest it would have been piss simple to bottle it against Watford.

What encourages me is that the players responded to the challenge yesterday and will respond to this one as well, it will need the whole squad to up their game I am not certain in the clubs eyes which of the two games is more important I just hope we can do ourselves justice in each game.

What will piss me off royally is if we are picked for Sunday.

But we'll go into the Sunderland game thinking about the Chelsea game and could lose it, and then go into the Chelsea game with an eye on the Barca game and then could lose that too and then go into the Barca game out of form and lose that and before you know it we're back in the third tier of English football throwing yellow inflatable bananas about and singing "We're not really here!"

I think it would be great to play it on a Friday night . It would give us more time to prepare for Barcelona on the Tuesday . I know the Sunderland match is on the Wednesday but so what .

Didsbury Dave said:
chedinho said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This appears to be too difficult a concept for some to understand.

sheff wednesday are not ideal opponents for a dress rehearsal v barca.

i would of thought a good kicking from a lower level team wont help us either.

the only thing that concerns me is Aguero's hatred for david luis

The issue is rotation, not the quality of the opposition.You need your best team out for Chelsea but not for Sheffield weds. This wouldn't matter if we didn't have a huge league game 3 days before and a huge CL game 3 days after.

Before we get another tool going "man up" (and it's a good rule of thumb that anyone who uses that phrase is a tool) this isn't about fear. It's about common sense.

Fuck it. What's done is done. I trust Pellegrini and the boys to go out there and do the business. Three wins in these games will do nicely thank you very much. If I had to lose one it would be Chelsea I think.

its not a man up comment.
rotation causes problems sometimes and with this draw,although tough,might prove to be a blessing if we play our best team.

Roast chicken dinner dispatched and i still dont give a fuck about the draw, in fact im just as happy as i was before.

Pellegrini will have the boys well fired up and we will do the business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.