FA Cup 5th Round Draw (against Chelsea Home)

Citysmith said:
I'm hoping for a Friday night kick off. When was our last Friday night game?
I suspect the answer is V Birmingham City in 2000, before we clinched promotion, complete with premature pitch invasion.

I doubt very much that TV will allow it to be played Friday, or that City will want it 2 days after Sunderland.

Quite relaxed about the draw. Would rather Chelsea at home than away. If we beat them, then only one of our difficult opponents from the three Arsenal/Liverpool, Everton/Swansea and Sunderland/Southampton games will still be in it with one more round before the Wembley semis.

Timing could have been better, but we have a strong squad, if deployed correctly ahead of the Barca, and still fit of course.

cleavers said:
Citysmith said:
I'm hoping for a Friday night kick off. When was our last Friday night game?
I suspect the answer is V Birmingham City in 2000, before we clinched promotion, complete with premature pitch invasion.

I doubt very much that TV will allow it to be played Friday, or that City will want it 2 days after Sunderland.
No we played a few Friday night games in 2001-2002 season . I remember we played Bradford City away on a Friday night .

I wonder if anyone has considered the idea of perhaps moving this tie to a day immediately prior to the Saturday / Sunday scenario?
Worth thinking about!

Bodicoteblue said:
I wonder if anyone has considered the idea of perhaps moving this tie to a day immediately prior to the Saturday / Sunday scenario?
Worth thinking about!
I think it may have been mentioned once or twice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.